News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

underrated? fall 99

Started by jedifunk, August 25, 2014, 09:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

9-9 Tweezer is huge and nobody ever talks about it. Ghost from this show is hot too. Really the whole second set is fantastic.

9-11 Wolfman's -> Sand is one of the best things ever. My favorite Sand.

9-17 Piper and Sand are monsters.

10-2 The whole show, especially the second set, with Tweezer, Piper, YEM, the best On Your Way Down they ever played.

It's a crime that we've had zero offical releases from fall '99.

Augustus

Always liked the Stash bookends from this Tour.
Both are great versions and get pretty dopey.

jedifunk

Quote from: cactusfan on August 26, 2014, 12:02:27 PM
9-9 Tweezer is huge and nobody ever talks about it. Ghost from this show is hot too. Really the whole second set is fantastic.

10-2 The whole show, especially the second set, with Tweezer, Piper, YEM, the best On Your Way Down they ever played.

crushed every single one of these today at work!!!

so much yum on this tour, and it never gets talked about.

its was so much fun, especially since there was almost zero people on tour... made a lot of close friends this tour as a result.. felt like fam
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

Quote from: cactusfan on August 26, 2014, 12:02:27 PM

the 9/9 tweezer in particular is exactly what i'm talking about... so underrated, or its so far under the radar its not even rated... yet its got everything : funk, rawk, space. just yum!
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

More official releases from '99 please!!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

Someone should organize some kind of "15 years later" listening party for Fall 99.

antelope19

I'd be in for some of that
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Monster Sands throughout the December run. The 12/13 Providence one is particularly ferocious. Trey carves that shit up filthily.
Is this still Wombat?

jedifunk

Quote from: mattstick on August 26, 2014, 09:46:48 PM
Someone should organize some kind of "15 years later" listening party for Fall 99.
this...

we got 2 weeks to organize that
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

pcr3

Quote from: jedifunk on August 26, 2014, 10:40:14 PM
this...

I'm guessing PG will be unavailable to do the honors.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

natronzero

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

mattstick

Do we divide up the tour into willing participants, have each person create a new thread on the day of the show and people can comment in throughout the day?

Or should I just start a "Fall 99 - 15 Years Later" thread?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: pcr3 on August 26, 2014, 11:15:08 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on August 26, 2014, 10:40:14 PM
this...

I'm guessing PG will be unavailable to do the honors.

Fall 94 picks up at the beginning of October. I think it's the 8th.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Quote from: antelope19 on August 26, 2014, 09:59:00 PM
I'd be in for some of that

Yeah. It's been quite a while since I listened to '99.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?