News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Week4paug Needs [Suggestion Box]

Started by ucusty, November 09, 2006, 10:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: tet on February 02, 2007, 03:13:59 PM
that is unfortunately a feature of SMF's forums software.  no real way to specify exactly which browsers get sent the WAP version, just "mobile devices".  i'll look into a hack i suppose... any idea what your browser is called exactly, and what version?  something like "Netscape Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/418.9.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/419.3" would give me something to work with... maybe if you can hit a webpage that displays that information and write it down, that'll help.

I figured it was a SMF thing...
If you know a site that'll tell me... I'll post it. the browser supports numerous emulation modes, I tried IE, Netscape and Blackberry.

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

tet

any way you set it though, it goes through your wireless service's proxy.  so, it may do it based on the host or IP...
-Phish

rowjimmy

This browser thinks it is
navigator.appCodeName = Mozilla

navigator.appName = BlackBerry

navigator.appVersion = 4.1.0 (BlackBerry; I)

tet

k, thanks.  this is a known issue with SMF, that it forces into WAP mode for Blackberry no matter what.  i asked on their forums if there was some way to allow for a specific user override maybe - because to be honest, i don't want to force all Blackberry users to load the full page if all they want is WAP.
-Phish

rowjimmy

Don't sweat it. But thank you.
It's only a drag when people don't post the actual names of the artists & albums in the last album thread...
Cos the wap version doesn't load the images.

tet

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 02, 2007, 10:24:12 PM
Don't sweat it. But thank you.
It's only a drag when people don't post the actual names of the artists & albums in the last album thread...
Cos the wap version doesn't load the images.

i hear ya.  i use Opera on my Palm for most of my browsing so i can see it, never occurred to me that Blackberry would not do the same.  i sometimes will use the standard WAP browser on the Palm when browsing this site from overseas though, so i never minded the lack of graphics. 

i think you just want to be viewing the Best Rack/Chick Thread while at work...  :evil:
-Phish

rowjimmy

mbw

a lamenters corner: :cry:

for people to apologize for making dumb posts- a la me- like the time i called out tet for a post on wikipaug...not knowing he created the whole thing! :frustrated: or just other dumb things ive/others have said during peak imbibing time...this place is the coolest and i feel bad for bringing negativity around...

ive apologized before and will now move on...thanks!

tet

that's what "There Goes the Neighborhood" is for... and like i said, don't sweat it ;)

http://week4paug.net/index.php/board,7.0.html
-Phish

metalzone58

tet

it's on the top menu choice, between My Messages and Members, is it not?

if you mean the fact that upcoming birthdays are not listed below all the forum sections, that is likely because there are none for the next week or so... at least that is what i am assuming.  i haven't touched the code in a while, so there's nothing i did to make it disappear.  i presume it's the forum software that did that. 
-Phish

metalzone58

Frawg

Week4paug.net needs the collective mental power to summon Phish together again. 

Come on, if we all just concentrate really hard, we'll all be at a really great comeback show before we know it. 

I'll start.  Here I go.

Frawg