News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

some interesting stats about week4paug.net

Started by tet, August 18, 2006, 01:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

I installed Google Analytics software on this site about 2 weeks ago because I was curious what sort of information it would be able to tell us about you.  It's really geared more for e-commerce sites, where click-thru and page views matter so webmasters can better market their product, but I'm a geek for stats, so I just thought I'd see who the hell you crazy people are and what you're doing here.

We're averaging about 2,400 visitors a week with nearly 27,000 page views (every time you load another page on the site, it's considered a page view).  That's somewhere between 10-11 pages every time someone comes here. 

How are most of you getting here?  Well, 86% of you are returning users, while 14% are new.  Of those 14%, about 8% find us on Google, and a shocking 2% are clicking on the link I added to Phish's wikipedia page about 2 weeks ago, so I'm thrilled about that!  I really didn't think anybody read that crazy site!!!  The rest are from random links. 

Now, we have a close battle going between Firefox and Internet Explorer users - it's been back and forth for these 2 weeks, but today, Firefox edges out Internet Explorer (includes all version of both browsers) by about 42.21% to 41.55%.  Safari is a distant third at 12.30%, while random Mozilla browsers bring up the rear at 2.40%.   

Breaking that down by platform, those of you running Windoze tend to use Internet Explorer version 6.0 on XP (36.45%), while Firefox version 1.5.0.6 is second most popular on XP at 31.65%.  The third most popular browser is Safari for PowerPC Macintoshes at 7.08%, a shockingly high number, and coming in 4th is IE version 6.0 on Windoze 2000 boxes. 

As for overall platform use, we have Windoze-based PCs coming in dominating the user base at 83.51%, while a healthy 16.365% of you use Mac.  Of those on Mac, 90.89% of you are on a PowerPC-based Macintosh, while 9.11% of you have an Intel-based Mac -- congratulations!!  0.08% of you browse here from your phones (that was probably me), while only a single user, at 0.04%, uses Linux.  tsk tsk tsk...

You wanna know what other information your computer gives about you?

59.32% of you browse week4paug.net with a screen resolution of 1024x768, the single most popular resolution.  It's a drastic jump down to 1280x1024, where only 19.55% of you browse in that resolution.  The rest of that list is an assortment...

Of the 2,414 people to have visited the site in the last week, 99.30% of you have Java enabled.  Just 17 of you do not.  Get with it!   :samurai:

Most of you are still using an older version of Flash (version 8.0) -- version 9 was released a month ago, time to upgrade!

We have the most visitors, 92.96%, from the United States out of all countries (big shock), but they only average about 10.89 page views per visit.  The Canadian visitors, which make up 3.36% of our visitors, average a much higher page viewing of 13.27 per visit.  Way to go mattstick, represent!! :clap:

So where is week4paug.net the most popular in America?  Why, the Northeast - go figure!!  Massachusetts is tops, while Maine is close behind.  Come on Vermont, gotta step it up.  Oregon represents though, way to go!

93.37% of you are on some sort of broadband internet, while 4.10% of you use dialup.  That's pretty damn good if you ask me... good work!

As I learn how to read that info better, I'll post some other interested tidbits.  I'm also curious to see how trends change over time... So, that's all I have for now.  Enjoy. 

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

gawd, i love stats... thats all really interesting...

more please!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Quote from: jedifunk on August 18, 2006, 02:01:24 PM
gawd, i love stats... thats all really interesting...

more please!

What he said!!!!!  Thats extremely cool.......
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Alumni

Quote from: tet on August 18, 2006, 01:49:01 PM
I installed Google Analytics software on this site about 2 weeks ago because I was curious what sort of information it would be able to tell us about you. 
uh oh.
QuoteIt's really geared more for e-commerce sites
yeah, sure  :roll: :-D
QuoteNow, we have a close battle going between Firefox and Internet Explorer users - it's been back and forth for these 2 weeks, but today, Firefox edges out Internet Explorer (includes all version of both browsers) by about 42.21% to 41.55%.  Safari is a distant third at 12.30%, while random Mozilla browsers bring up the rear at 2.40%.   
What about me?  :? The Opera-dork? 
QuoteSo where is week4paug.net the most popular in America?  Why, the Northeast - go figure!!  Massachusetts is tops, while Maine is close behind.  Come on Vermont, gotta step it up.  Oregon represents though, way to go!
Susep - I'll be all packed up and outta Maine by this time tomorrow. That means from now on, you gotta refresh every page -twice - when ya read it, okay?  :-D
As I learn how to read that info better, I'll post some other interested tidbits.  I'm also curious to see how trends change over time... So, that's all I have for now.  Enjoy. 
as always  :beers:
Cause I got a degree

sls.stormyrider

Good to see us Massholes are in 1st place. :-D
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

tet

Quote from: slslbs on August 18, 2006, 02:05:36 PM

at least they can win at something... feel bad for them the way the Yanks have just pwnd them for the better part of the last century.. :samurai:
-Phish

antelope19

Quote from: tet on August 18, 2006, 02:52:14 PM

at least they can win at something... feel bad for them the way the Yanks have just pwnd them for the better part of the last century.. :samurai:

Ouch...That seems a bit uncalled for.   :-P  And besides, everyone knows the Orioles are the best team in all of MLB!!!!!  :roll:

tet

Quote from: antelope19 on August 18, 2006, 03:17:30 PM

Ouch...That seems a bit uncalled for.   :-P  And besides, everyone knows the Orioles are the best team in all of MLB!!!!!  :roll:

no, 2004 was harsh... that was payback...   :beers:

good series your boys played against the 1st place Yanks this week.  i hope to see many more fantastic Yanks-Orioles playoff series in the future, those are some of my fondest memories of the last decade.
-Phish

antelope19

Quote from: tet on August 18, 2006, 03:49:47 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on August 18, 2006, 03:17:30 PM

no, 2004 was harsh... that was payback...   :beers:

good series your boys played against the 1st place Yanks this week.  i hope to see many more fantastic Yanks-Orioles playoff series in the future, those are some of my fondest memories of the last decade.

Uggh, just RIP MY HEART OUT why don't you!!!!   :cry: hahahahaha.  I had tix to the series had we made it.  My only chance to date to have gone to a World Series Game.  I still get the shivers when I think about it.  But I would have to agree, those are fond memories for me as well!!!!  Even if you all did get the best of us. 

tet

Quote from: AlumniGreens on August 18, 2006, 02:02:49 PM
I installed Google Analytics software on this site about 2 weeks ago because I was curious what sort of information it would be able to tell us about you. 
uh oh.
QuoteIt's really geared more for e-commerce sites
yeah, sure  :roll: :-D
QuoteNow, we have a close battle going between Firefox and Internet Explorer users - it's been back and forth for these 2 weeks, but today, Firefox edges out Internet Explorer (includes all version of both browsers) by about 42.21% to 41.55%.  Safari is a distant third at 12.30%, while random Mozilla browsers bring up the rear at 2.40%.   
What about me?  :? The Opera-dork? 
QuoteSo where is week4paug.net the most popular in America?  Why, the Northeast - go figure!!  Massachusetts is tops, while Maine is close behind.  Come on Vermont, gotta step it up.  Oregon represents though, way to go!
Susep - I'll be all packed up and outta Maine by this time tomorrow. That means from now on, you gotta refresh every page -twice - when ya read it, okay?  :-D
as always  :beers:

Actually, Opera does show up, I should have mentioned that.  Rounding out the list after Mozilla is the actual Netscape browser (people use that still??) at 0.83%, followed by last-place Opera at 0.70%, only 17 visitors using it (of which 13 were from an XP-based computer, 2 from an unknown computer with an unknown version of Opera, 1 from a Macintosh PowerPC, and 1 from Windoze 2000).

Scary, eh?
-Phish

mopper_smurf

And the Dutch? Do I show in the stats at all?

Mostly on Windoze XP using Firefox 1.5.0.6 and strong black coffee (no decaf for me)
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

susep

So where is week4paug.net the most popular in America?  Why, the Northeast - go figure!!  Massachusetts is tops, while Maine is close behind.  Come on Vermont, gotta step it up.  Oregon represents though, way to go!

sweet>myself, converse29 and the now "alumini of Maine">near the top, our state motto is Dirigo, I lead :-D>not surprising when you consider  :phish:'s hty in the region. :wink:

tet

Quote from: mopper_smurf on August 19, 2006, 04:48:36 AM

Mostly on Windoze XP using Firefox 1.5.0.6 and strong black coffee (no decaf for me)

yes, you're the only one from the netherlands...  get some of your friends to hop on
-Phish

mopper_smurf

Quote from: tet on August 19, 2006, 10:50:22 AM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on August 19, 2006, 04:48:36 AM

yes, you're the only one from the netherlands...  get some of your friends to hop on

Uh oh. So, it's official. I am the biggest Dutch Phish fan ever! And I keep telling my friends to visit this board. Damn Hippies, all of them.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: tet on August 18, 2006, 07:11:27 PM
Rounding out the list after Mozilla is the actual Netscape browser (people use that still??)

They do indeed.   :wink: