News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R11/W01: 12-08-1994 Spreckels Theatre, San Diego, CA

Started by G. Augusto, January 10, 2011, 05:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pnchundi

set two-

possum- this is a different sort of possum which is evident from the start.  trey and mike are finding this dark feed back thing while page and fish use their percussion instruments to set the pace.  Another slow down space and a firey jam finish it out
my mind- a little oddly placed but well done
axilla- this felt a lot off in places and the band knows it as they start and abort the jam.  Hilarious banter before jumping into
Reba- Hot damn!!! This is an amazing Reba with Fish on fire.  Great use of tension release as they crank things up and up and up.  Trey keeps going back into that dark space he found in possum before twisting it all around and back into a sweet peak. 
Nellie Cane- shhhhhh.  This version is slightly different than others I have heard, like the vocals are arranged in another way? I like it
Adeline- :)
Bowie- back into the fire with a great bowie.  Everyone is focused and this crackles with energy
Golgi- not quite done after the bowie, solid closer

horse/silent- i think this works well as an encore
rocky top- bluegrass theme to close it all out

Flat A across the board.  First set Maki/Maze says it all and the intensity never wavers.  I actually like the Axilla because it is botched and the band seems determined to make up from their mistakes. I like that energy.  The Reba is one of a kind