News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

new feature: Karma!

Started by tet, April 04, 2006, 02:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

fauxpaxfauxreal

sophist

Quote from: mattstick on April 06, 2006, 01:50:56 PM

This isn't Karma - it's "agreeablity" or some sort of buddy network where you all praise each other because you have the same opinions.

I don't know how week4paug turned into a place where you could'nt discuss things with differing opinions - it's like some kind of phishy dick measuring contest and it's lame.

Seriously - take the time to listen to other people and consider their opinions before you fire up the flamethrower and try to disprove whatever they're saying.

I care about the music sharing aspects of this place so I won't leave, but I really don't feel like sharing my opinions around here anymore.

Go ahead and smite me - it'll just prove how shallow this whole place has gotten.
matt what are you talking about?  what post/thread inspired this response?  Different opinions do exist here, if we all had the same opinion, everyone would think big cypress is overrated (you), or that 95 contains the best shows (faux), or apples are the best software (jedi) or deep appreciation  of beer (jephrey).    
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

my point simply being that we do respect each other, and that the karma system is more a joke than anything (at least to me). 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jephrey

Are you saying that there are people here without a deep appreciation for beer?

Screw this.  I'm outta here.

I don't know about you guys, but I give applause when it's due.  Someone helps me out with a show, someone backs me up at etree etc.  I don't know what the complaint is about.  I don't even watch my karma, but I am a karma whore.  I'll post things to get my applause.  :-D

Actually, I log on as another username and give myself one karma every day. :-P

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jonyem

Quote from: phan003 on April 06, 2006, 05:29:02 PM
my point simply being that we do respect each other, and that the karma system is more a joke than anything (at least to me). 

Well, if that's how you REALLY feel about it, SMITE!!!

kidding.

It's silly. We should have a vote, keep the Karma or dump it.

sophist

QuoteAre you saying that there are people here without a deep appreciation for beer?

:lol:   :lol:
Quote from: jonyem on April 06, 2006, 06:15:46 PM

kidding.

I agree, but my vote counts more cause I have higher karma  :roll:   :wink:

jonyem

Quote from: phan003 on April 06, 2006, 06:32:09 PM
QuoteAre you saying that there are people here without a deep appreciation for beer?

:lol:   :lol:
Quote from: jonyem on April 06, 2006, 06:15:46 PM

kidding.

I agree, but my vote counts more cause I have higher karma  :roll:   :wink:

Crud, i think I gave you that extra one too...   :lol:

sophist

fauxpaxfauxreal

Just for that...JONYEM is now tied to you!

jonyem

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on April 06, 2006, 07:42:08 PM
Just for that...JONYEM is now tied to you!

And to think I can't spite myself.
Rats.

:evil:

Tied to, or tied WITH? Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on April 06, 2006, 01:50:56 PM

This isn't Karma - it's "agreeablity" or some sort of buddy network where you all praise each other because you have the same opinions.

I don't know how week4paug turned into a place where you could'nt discuss things with differing opinions - it's like some kind of phishy dick measuring contest and it's lame.

Seriously - take the time to listen to other people and consider their opinions before you fire up the flamethrower and try to disprove whatever they're saying.

I care about the music sharing aspects of this place so I won't leave, but I really don't feel like sharing my opinions around here anymore.

Go ahead and smite me - it'll just prove how shallow this whole place has gotten.

Who said we couldn't discuss things without agreeing with each other?  I myself am a contrary bastard, and I've never felt that I was constrained from voicing my differing view of things.  There've been times when I've bitten my tongue because I wanted to avoid petty conflicts, but that was my choice.

Personally, I think it'd be pretty lame if we all just sat around agreeing with each other all the time. 

But hey if you want to keep your opinions to yourself, well then that's your prerogative, but I don't think anyone but yourself is preventing you from voicing them.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

this is starting to sound like a conversation i had with St. Augustine once.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

fauxpaxfauxreal

FUCK DUDE.  you ARE old!  :-D

jonyem

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on April 06, 2006, 11:02:48 PM
FUCK DUDE.  you ARE old!  :-D

Dude, how'd you get out of negative?
Good work, must have some Wonder Voodoo workin'.