News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Yes I have a Mac, where to go from here...

Started by whatapiper, May 23, 2009, 01:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

So I got an HD camcorder for Christmas and have uploaded some vids to my Mac.  When I try to attach them to post to the Paug, they are never in the proper format and/or are too large.  Any ideas or tips for a technical dumbass?  Do I need a converter or do I need to zip the files?
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

tet

best to upload them to MobileMe or YouTube and then embed them here*

Note = *embedding is not currently available as we just upgraded our forum software.  we hope to have embedding for YouTube and other Flash-video sites functioning soon...  but no promises!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on March 02, 2011, 03:38:54 PM
Have you tried using iMovie?
Yeah, the movies can't be dragged into it.  I may be doing something wrong or it could be the Sony camera but it doesn't seem to let me.

mattstick

Buffalo Budd

That worked, I now have it in Imovie. 
So how do I save it as a format that can be shared?

mattstick

Do whatever edits, then use one of the options in the Share menu.

rowjimmy

iMovie integrates with your youtube account. it's actually quite easy once you find that Share menu.

mattstick

I pretty much only use iMovie to edit out commercials in TV shows I record through my EyeTV.

This EYE-TV thing is pretty cool, my HD Antenna is hooked up via coax, and it connects to my Macbook via USB.
Records live TV, and when it's done it exports it to iTunes, where I access and watch it via the AppleTV, nicely tagged and everything.
It also allows me to watch live TV on my iPad/iPhone - as well as things I've recorded.  I can also access the EyeTV with my iPhone while I'm away from the house and schedule recordings.

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmenu/products/EyeTV-Hybrid-10/product2.html

Buffalo Budd

Thanks for all your help Matt, I was able to upload it to youtube and posted it on the random youtube thread.  I think as I play around with it, I'll be able to do alot more with that Imovie.

whatapiper

Lately I've started having issues with Xact and Cog, both in regard to shn files.   With Cog my only issue is the ability to "fast forward" or "rewind" shn files.  I'd say 75% of the time I have to listen in real time. 

With Xact lately I can't convert shn to wav or any other format for that matter, I receive an error code.

Anyone else ever have issues?  Any other shn playback out there?
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mattstick

sls.stormyrider

mac os 10.6.7, google chrome 11.0.697
I've been getting repeated "pop - unders" (windows that appear on my desktop when I close google chrome) for "mac clean up", which obviously seems like a scam.
do I have some kind of malware on my mac?

I cleared the browsing data from the past 4 weeks. Anything else i should do?

edit to add- last week, I got a tab on google for a virus scan program that automatically started "scanning" by drive and came up with a number of infections. trouble is, the files it was scanning were winword and other obvious pc type files.

thanks
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

zimbra

My MacBook has recently been slowing down.  In my house my mac is the only laptop that connects wirelessly so between 2 other room-mates and Lifeboy who has been crashed on my couch for a little over 2 weeks until he gets back on his feet(wook, jk) it is the only computer.  I am completely fine with sharing my computer with everybody, they both have been life long friends of mine and adhere to my 'no download' policy.  Recently though I have been experiencing a bit of delay in my machine and questionable behavior.  Can anybody recommend any malware/spyware defense and/or an anti-virus? 

Thanks,

Jackson
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio