News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

have you heard about...?

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, December 04, 2007, 12:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

35 new words added to Oxford (online) Dictionary as society continues its inevitable march towards full retard.

http://sobadsogood.com/2012/08/03/35-brand-new-words-added-to-the-dictionary/

1. Bling (n): Expensive, ostentatious clothing and jewelry.

2. Bromance (n): A close but non-sexual relationship between two men.

3. Chillax (v): Calm down and relax.

4. Crunk (adj): Very excited or full of energy.

5. D'oh (ex): Exclamation used to comment on a foolish or stupid action, especially one's own.

6. Droolworthy (adj): Extremely attractive or desirable.

7. Frankenfood (n): Genetically modified food.

8. Grrrl (n): A young woman regarded as independent and strong or aggressive, especially in her attitude to men or in her sexuality (A blend of "Grrrr" and "Girl.")

9. Guyliner (n): Eyeliner that is worn by men.

10. Hater (n): A person who greatly dislikes a specified person or thing.

11. Illiterati (n): People who are not well educated or well informed about a particular subject or sphere of activity.

12. Infomania (n): The compulsive desire to check or accumulate news and information, typically via mobile phone or computer.

13. Jeggings (n): Tight-fitting stretch trousers for women, styled to resemble a pair of denim jeans.

14. La-la Land (n): A fanciful state or dream world. Also, Los Angeles.

15. Locavore (n): A person whose diet consists only or principally of locally grown or produced food.

16. Mankini (n): A brief one-piece bathing garment for men, with a T-back.

17. Mini-Me (n): A person closely resembling a smaller or younger version of another.

18. Muffin Top (n): A roll of fat visible above the top of a pair of women's tight-fitting low-waisted trousers.

19. Muggle (n): A person who is not conversant with a particular activity or skill.

20. Noob (n): A person who is inexperienced in a particular sphere or activity, especially computing or the use of the Internet.

21. Obvs (adv): Obviously.

22. OMG (ex): Used to express surprise, excitement, or disbelief. (Dates back to 1917.)

23. Po-po (n): The police.

24. Purple State (n): A US state where the Democratic and Republican parties have similar levels of support among voters.

25. Screenager (n): A person in their teens or twenties who has an aptitude for computers and the Internet.

26. Sexting (n): The sending of sexually explicit photographs or messages via mobile phone.

27. Textspeak (n): Language regarded as characteristic of text messages, consisting of abbreviations, acronyms, initials, emoticons. (wut hpns win u write lyk dis.)

28. Totes (adv): Totally.

29. Truthiness (n): the quality of seeming or being felt to be true, even if not necessarily true.

30. Twitterati (n): Keen or frequent users of the social networking site Twitter.

31. Unfriend (v): Remove (someone) from a list of friends or contacts on a social networking site.

32. Upcycle (v): Reuse (discarded objects or material) in such a way as to create a product of higher quality or value than the original.

33. Whatevs (ex, adv): Whatever.

34. Whovian (n): A fan of the British science-fiction television series Doctor Who.

35. Woot (ex): (Especially in electronic communication) Used to express elation, enthusiasm, or triumph.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

VDB

Nice to see "muffin top" getting some official recognition!
Is this still Wombat?

twatts

Interesting, I thought "crunk" was "crazy drunk"...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

gah

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on August 03, 2012, 01:14:24 PM
Interesting, I thought "crunk" was "crazy drunk"...

Terry

I thought it was money

/old man
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

phil

Never once in my life have I ever heard anyone use "crunk" to mean excited or full of energy. Crunk to me means you get so drunk you puke on the couch, rally, bang a fat chick, and then the next morning burn all of your clothes and swear never to drink again. Also helps if cocaine is involved.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

kellerb

runawayjimbo

Beck takes pretentiousness to a whole new level

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beck-to-release-new-album-as-book-of-sheet-music-20120808

Music: Beck to Release New Album as Book of Sheet Music

Beck will release a new album in December, but it won't come in the form of MP3s, CD or vinyl – instead, Beck Hansen's Song Reader will be released by the publishing house McSweeney's as individual pieces of sheet music.

"The Song Reader is an experiment in what an album can be at the end of 2012," reads the post on Beck's website announcing the project. "An alternative that enlists the listener in the tone of every track, and that's as visually absorbing as a dozen gatefold LPs put together."

At 108 pages comprising 20 individual song booklets, the Song Reader will feature 20 new tunes by Beck, 18 of them featuring lyrics and two instrumentals. The release will also include a hardcover carrying case, a foreword by Beck himself, and "full-color, heyday-of-home-play-inspired" original art from Marcel Dzama (who designed Beck's album Guero), Leanne Shapton, Josh Cochran, Jessica Hische, and others.

And what of hearing the album cuts like "Do We? We Do" or "Don't Act Like Your Heart Isn't Hard"? Well, "bringing them to life depends on you," according to the announcement. McSweeney's plans to feature renditions of the tracks on Song Reader performed by both readers and musicians, but there's no word on whether Beck himself will be among the performers.

In other not-quite-a-new-Beck-album news, Rework, his remix album collaboration with composer Philip Glass, will see its own release on October 23rd.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mbw

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 08, 2012, 05:13:02 PM
Randy Travis arrested for DUI....naked....threatened to kill cops...
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57488993-10391698/randy-travis-charged-with-dwi-in-north-texas/

Let me be the first to say that is way cooler than thanking the cop for saving his life.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

We've been running short on celebeltdowns lately. Props to Randy for stepping up!

fastfingers12

That's a hundred nineteen to you and me