News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on February 19, 2019, 12:40:33 PM
when I'm streaming from etree on my phone, the music stops when the screen dims.
Is there a way to keep it playing?

no luck on google search
thx

Are you streaming from etree via Safari? Or are you using the Etree Mobile app?
If it's the former, I recommend Etree Mobile. Relisten is slicker but it doesn't have the breadth of artists.

ph92

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 19, 2019, 03:31:48 PM
Quote from: slslbs on February 19, 2019, 12:40:33 PM
when I'm streaming from etree on my phone, the music stops when the screen dims.
Is there a way to keep it playing?

no luck on google search
thx

Are you streaming from etree via Safari? Or are you using the Etree Mobile app?
If it's the former, I recommend Etree Mobile. Relisten is slicker but it doesn't have the breadth of artists.
Tapers section is a new app I found that has tons of stuff, I recommend it. Never used relisten personally, I don't have an iPhone. Looks like it has a lot more content than relisten. 

Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

sls.stormyrider

I was using Etree mobile app - that's where the glitch was.
Someone on line recommended rebooting my phone. Haven't tried that yet
I d/l Relisten and so far it's working better :wtu:
Thanks
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

tet

Relisten is great - I'm on their beta program which has fixed some issues as well.  While the artist choice is definitely more limited than etree, it's still quite good, and the interface is nice and modern now.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VDB

Am I the only one who finds Lightning plugs don't seat reliably in the phone (6S+) anymore? I'm not sure if its these cheaper aftermarket cords that may use a softer metal (I'm speculating) or if the problem is in my phone's port itself. OEM cords *seem* to do better.
Is this still Wombat?

sls.stormyrider

I've had an issue with aftermarket cords
I also had problems with an Apple old iphone-lightning adapter at times, but not as much as with the aftermarket stuff. I recently discovered if I push the "extension cord" (3rd party manufacturer) I use in my car a bit more forcefully it connects.
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

ph92

Quote from: VDB on April 11, 2019, 10:55:23 AM
Am I the only one who finds Lightning plugs don't seat reliably in the phone (6S+) anymore? I'm not sure if its these cheaper aftermarket cords that may use a softer metal (I'm speculating) or if the problem is in my phone's port itself. OEM cords *seem* to do better.
Could also be that your charge port is packed full of lint and dirt.

Only go narrow side to narrow side, do not scrape on the wide sides of your charging port as there are pins and things you can damage.
Make America Melt Again!

Caravan2001

I had a really bad issue with cords not working on my old phone and it turned out to be exactly that:  a bunch of shit (lint mostly) in my port.  As far as aftermarket cords, I have had the best luck with OEM Apple cords but have had generally very good luck with Amazon Basic as well.  Nice to have a few of those around in 6'.  I bought ChargeCords on a whim last year as I got sucked into their advertising (and Rasta colors) and those things sucked.  Both of them failed in a month.

ytowndan

Yeah.  The same thing happened to me, and the culprit was a mass of lint.  Canned air did the trick. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

sls.stormyrider

yeah, have definitely had issues with lint, fixed by toothpick.
there have also been cable issues
When my SO tried to link her brand new phone to her macbook for the first time it didn't work - called applecare, gave us some advice, had to restore it and almost turned the damn thing into a brick. It got sent up to a supervisor who suggested trying a new cord. So we took the brand new cord out of the iphone box and it worked perfectly.

VDB

Yeah, I guess the port-gunk issue would have been an obvious place to start. I fired some compressed air in there and will see how the cords perform.
Is this still Wombat?

jam>

I recently replaced my phone but I've had cable issues that seemed to extend beyond lint. My old phone would only charge with certain chords and I'd have to face the phone in a certain direction for it to keep charging. It was a 6S.

tet

Quote from: jam> on April 16, 2019, 05:47:33 PM
I recently replaced my phone but I've had cable issues that seemed to extend beyond lint. My old phone would only charge with certain chords and I'd have to face the phone in a certain direction for it to keep charging. It was a 6S.

have you tried F#min7?
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

ph92

Quote from: VDB on April 16, 2019, 05:31:14 PM
Yeah, I guess the port-gunk issue would have been an obvious place to start. I fired some compressed air in there and will see how the cords perform.
Try to break it up with a toothpick first. Keep in mind you've been packing it down tight every time you plug in.

As far as cables go. You get what you pay for. The ones I always by for my shop that actually last any reasonable amount of time for the abuse we put them through is: Griffin (lifetime warranty), Anker, Amazon basics (lifetime warranty), or Belkin. I don't trust anything else.

I kind of remember this as an issue with the 6s series due to an update. But it could still be lint stuck in the pins. In which case a scrub with Alcohol is necessary

This is how I always do it at work. Turn off the phone, pick out the lint real well, hit it with compressed air, then scrub (more like stab) the port with a toothbrush that has rubbing alcohol, hit it with compressed air again to dry out the port. Finally test.
Make America Melt Again!

emay

Quote from: tet on April 16, 2019, 06:10:04 PM

have you tried F#min7?

That doesn't sound as good as going with a G