News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Sotomayor Hearings start today...

Started by PIE-GUY, July 13, 2009, 09:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on July 18, 2009, 02:54:47 PM
Sophist---I think you are totaly mis-reading me, and your lack of belief in the genuinity of my responses is both frustrating and something that I have no control over.  I'm sorry you feel as thought I'm being ingenuine.
This isn't a matter of me thinking you are or aren't genuine.  I never questioned your intent or reason for your beliefs, in fact from the many, many posts of yours I have read, I know you well, and I know for a fact you speak your heart.  That being said, I feel like you are just trying to win an argument here rather than admit that you jumped the gun on her (and wanting to win the argument is great, I get that).  
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Sophist on July 18, 2009, 11:25:07 PM
Sophist---I think you are totaly mis-reading me, and your lack of belief in the genuinity of my responses is both frustrating and something that I have no control over.  I'm sorry you feel as thought I'm being ingenuine.
This isn't a matter of me thinking you are or aren't genuine.  I never questioned your intent or reason for your beliefs, in fact from the many, many posts of yours I have read, I know you well, and I know for a fact you speak your heart.  That being said, I feel like you are just trying to win an argument here rather than admit that you jumped the gun on her (and wanting to win the argument is great, I get that).  

Oh, if that's what you mean, then yeah I agree that the debate has changed my mind a little bit and I worded it too strongly.  At the same time, I do still think that my concern that I expressed is very valid, and that it is frustrating to see this administration play "politics as usual" when they promised from the outset that this would be an "administration of change".  While I wouldn't say something rediculous like "this is the worst presidency ever", I would say that "this is not what was sold to us" and that is super lame.

I may have sounded like I was trying to win an argument, but really what I wanted was for my perspective to at least be slightly validated.  I think there was a huge miscommunication there when we digressed into discussing how horribly I got pwn3d.

gah

Quote from: SpidermanTUba on July 18, 2009, 07:07:47 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on July 18, 2009, 07:02:53 PM
Awesome.  Apology accepted. 

good good, i feel much better now.  i never mean to be an ass - but it does happen that way sometimes (ok, well, often maybe)

That should tell you something about yourself.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Blizzam or Beating a Dead Horse?

Regardless, I love seeing GoodAboutHood doing it!

gah

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on July 19, 2009, 02:19:22 AM
Blizzam or Beating a Dead Horse?

Regardless, I love seeing GoodAboutHood doing it!

Tanks yo.  :-D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

SpidermanTUba

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 19, 2009, 02:12:38 AM

good good, i feel much better now.  i never mean to be an ass - but it does happen that way sometimes (ok, well, often maybe)

Oh man, why is everyone riding me today, God Damnit!

LSU FOOTBALL
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
1958 2003 2007

LSU BASEBALL
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
1991 1993 1996 1997 2000 2009

SpidermanTUba

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on July 19, 2009, 01:36:17 AM
Quote from: Sophist on July 18, 2009, 11:25:07 PM

Oh, if that's what you mean, then yeah I agree that the debate has changed my mind a little bit and I worded it too strongly.  At the same time, I do still think that my concern that I expressed is very valid, and that it is frustrating to see this administration play "politics as usual" when they promised from the outset that this would be an "administration of change".  While I wouldn't say something rediculous like "this is the worst presidency ever", I would say that "this is not what was sold to us" and that is super lame.

I may have sounded like I was trying to win an argument, but really what I wanted was for my perspective to at least be slightly validated.  I think there was a huge miscommunication there when we digressed into discussing how horribly I got pwn3d.

I don't really see how this is 'politics as usual'. she's well qualified. politics as usually might have been clarence thomas, who had very little federal bench experience when he was appointed.

seriously, who would you have appointed?
LSU FOOTBALL
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
1958 2003 2007

LSU BASEBALL
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

rowjimmy

Quote from: SpidermanTUba on July 19, 2009, 03:04:26 PM

Because you deserve it?

SpidermanTUba

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 19, 2009, 08:23:09 PM
Quote from: SpidermanTUba on July 19, 2009, 03:04:26 PM

Because you deserve it?

So...you mean you don't want Towelie around?

LSU FOOTBALL
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
1958 2003 2007

LSU BASEBALL
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS