News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augustus

justjezmund

I NEED that desmond dekker.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Augustus

Grateful Dead: Family Dog At The Great Highway, San Francisco 4/18/70 (180 gr 2LP)

Igbo

Quote from: Augustus on October 12, 2013, 05:00:10 AM
Grateful Dead: Family Dog At The Great Highway, San Francisco 4/18/70 (180 gr 2LP)

Must have

susep

Quote from: Igbo on October 12, 2013, 08:36:44 AM
Quote from: Augustus on October 12, 2013, 05:00:10 AM

Must have

via deadlists:
Band    Grateful Dead
Venue    Family Dog at the Great Highway
Location    San Francisco, CA
Date    4/18/70 - Saturday    posters    tickets, passes & laminates
One    Don't Ease Me In ; Silver Threads And Golden Needle ; Friend Of The Devil ; Deep Elem Blues ; Wake Up Little Susie ; Candyman > Cumberland Blues ; New Speedway Boogie ; Me And My Uncle ; Mama Tried ; Katie Mae ; The Rub ; Roberta ; Walk Down The Street ; Flood

Comments    The poster for these shows (4/17, 18 & 19/70) list the billing as "Mickey Hart & His Heartbeats" and underneath in smaller type "Bobby Ace & His Cards From The Bottom Of The Deck." According to DB NRPS and Charlie Musselwhite were also on the bill. This information, and the lists for the next two nights, were provided to DeadBase by Judy Dawson, an early Bay Area deadhead who saw these shows with her sister and kept lists. There do not seem to be any tapes in existance. To judge by the list this was probably more acoustic than electric Dead and Jerry may have played some pedal steel with the Dead as well as with NRPS..
Recordings    none in circulation 10/00

mbw

barnesy305

Mr Minor

Quote from: susep on October 10, 2013, 07:23:31 PM
Vinyl Thursday!

I started collecting seriously a week after this came out last Spring.  I was pretty bummed I missed it, along with the Paris Dark Star.  This is by far one of my favorite albums from any group, right up there with Jimi, Mingus etc...  I have so many great memories that involve this album, psyched I have it on vinyl! 

:rawk: 8-) :mrgreen: :smoke: :music:     

Nice!  I picked up one that must have been a RSD return as it's one of the printings from last year.  Stoked as I almost ordered the re-release.  Not sure how that slipped through the cracks all this time.

Also picked up the Wood Brothers new album, The Muse.  Very nice.  And the new Dr. Dog- B-room.  Very good stuff from those dudes again.  It was a great vinyl week for me last week.

rowjimmy

aphineday

There appears to be a ton of cool shit on the docket for Black Friday, but this is an obvious top of the lister for me.
I'm definitely interested in that CRB live box though...
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Hicks

Where's the full list, I can't seem to find it on the RSD website. . .
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

barnesy305

mbw

Quote from: Hicks on October 12, 2013, 01:33:57 PM
Where's the full list, I can't seem to find it on the RSD website. . .

its not official, but this dude keeps a list updated. 
http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2013/09/record-store-day-black-friday-2013.html

rowjimmy

Billy Bragg/Wilco - Mermaid Sessions reissue!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 12, 2013, 02:39:41 PM
Billy Bragg/Wilco - Mermaid Sessions reissue!

I saw that. All 3 of em.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul