News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by mistercharlie, October 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

this show went from intriguing to embarassing awfully fast.

rowjimmy

They're way off the map laid out by the comics. Not that I expected them to stay strictly to the books. Certainly they need to expand things a bit to work within the new medium but I had a bad feeling when I saw all of those extra characters running around.

Perhaps with the way things ended this week will lead them back on track.

phil

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 23, 2010, 09:04:48 AM
They're way off the map laid out by the comics. Not that I expected them to stay strictly to the books. Certainly they need to expand things a bit to work within the new medium but I had a bad feeling when I saw all of those extra characters running around.

I never read the comics or even knew about them until about the second episode, so I may be opening myself up for serious smite, but I think the way this show is going is f'n awesome. I wouldn't change a thing.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

rowjimmy

Quote from: phil on November 23, 2010, 09:33:21 AM

I never read the comics or even knew about them until about the second episode, so I may be opening myself up for serious smite, but I think the way this show is going is f'n awesome. I wouldn't change a thing.

Igbo

Quote from: phil on November 23, 2010, 09:33:21 AM

I agree with you Phil. Since i never read the comic i have nothing to base the show on. Its definately a really good show.

Finally saw the most recent episode last night. I thought it was ok, until the final scene when the camp was attacked and thought that was the highlight of the show.

rowjimmy

For the record, I am not disappointed with the show. I actually like that the changes have kept me guessing a little bit but I do want them to maintain sight of the core story line.

Multibeast12

Can't wait ti get out of work tonight and watch this. I love this show so much.

mistercharlie

Tonight's episode will have to wait for tomorrow as I will be at the Colts game tonight.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

So much for getting on track with the comic's storyline. Not that I didn't like what happened last night.

The thing I didn't like was the news that next week is the season finale.
wtf?

That's only six episodes.

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 29, 2010, 09:00:41 PM
So much for getting on track with the comic's storyline. Not that I didn't like what happened last night.

The thing I didn't like was the news that next week is the season finale.
wtf?

That's only six episodes.

yup  :|

rowjimmy

Season two will have 13 eps and begins shooting in February.

ytowndan

Just watched last night's show.  I enjoyed it.  It sucks that next week is the finale already, but at least season two will have a normal amount of episodes. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Dagny got all on my case because I didn't feel bad for the girl having to shoot her sister. I say she should've shot her before she became a zombie. 
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 30, 2010, 09:11:51 AM
Dagny got all on my case because I didn't feel bad for the girl having to shoot her sister. I say she should've shot her before she became a zombie.

You're a cold hearted bastard.

You'd go far in the event of zombie apocalypse. You can roll with me & Pie-guy but you've gotta bring your own axe.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 30, 2010, 09:52:18 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on November 30, 2010, 09:11:51 AM

You're a cold hearted bastard.

You'd go far in the event of zombie apocalypse. You can roll with me & Pie-guy but you've gotta bring your own axe.

I'm down for that. But if PG gets bitten I'm going to axe him before he starts looking at us like we're a couple of pies.