News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

mbw

better stick to the Jitterbug.

mattstick

I'm sure it's possible. Maybe try creating an Apple ID from a computer?

mattstick

My iPhone is connected to wifi.

My MacBook is connected to my iPhone via the USB cable.

Am I using wireless network data, or wifi data on my MacBook?

VDB

Can the iPhone even pull data from wifi and wireless simultaneously (I don't mean technically but as a matter of programming)? I would think it always will default to wifi if that's on.

Why isn't the MacBook on the same network?
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

I'm staying in an AirBNB rental for the weekend and I think they have their guest internet all screwy, because I can connect my iPhone but not my laptop... it's weird.

I checked my data usage last night (after streaming mlb.tv for a while) and I was clearly using network data, not wifi.

PIE-GUY

Sometimes your iphone will show that it's connected to wifi but not have any access to that wifi without a password or whatever. The only way to know if its actually using the wifi and not cell data is to turn off the cell radio leaving it no option.

I do not believe it will use wifi to be both a hot spot and and to connect to a local wifi router. I believe it's one or the other. I could be wrong there, though.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Quote from: PG on March 29, 2014, 09:38:28 AM
I do not believe it will use wifi to be both a hot spot and and to connect to a local wifi router. I believe it's one or the other. I could be wrong there, though.

That may be right but Matt had the phone hooked up to the MB via USB, which can be used to tether.

Matt, do you have a regular tethering plan that could have been kicking on by default once it detected the USB connection?

PG's tip about turning off cellular is a good idea for testing.
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

New Software update available!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Still rocking iOS 6 here. Been TFL to look into jailbreak availability for 7. I do have it on my iPad, though.
Is this still Wombat?

khalpin

Supposedly, it greatly improves battery life.

blatboom

my baby is lookin good these days

antelope19

WWDC next week!  IOS 8? 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

Touch ID on the iPads and iPod Touches seems like a given...

New, cheaper iMacs

The iPad Pro rumour is persistent.

iPhone 6 seems like a given

runawayjimbo

I'm not looking forward to the larger screen size. I actually preferred the size of the 4S to my 5. I don't feel the need to hold a tablet to my face to make a phone call.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.