News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

3.0 Paug Meetups Galore

Started by redrum, March 07, 2009, 03:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleech74

Yeah, what's up with that?!?! :-P

I took my camera with me in the Camden lots, but left it in the car for the show.  Too much hassle with either losing it, or "getting the perfect shot" as mentioned before.

Can't wait until Merriweather.  It's home field for a few of us 'Paugers, I know I live not too far from it.  I'm going to brainstorm with my g/f and other close by 'Paugers, for hosting a gathering before that show.  I work at a very hip Asian Fusion restaurant, 10 minutes from Merriweather.  My cousin owns the place, and I could see about having a meet and greet, with hors d'eouvres (on me) and Happy Hour drink prices. :beers:

Hmmm....
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

redrum

Quote from: cleech74 on June 11, 2009, 04:49:26 PM

Can't wait until Merriweather.  It's home field for a few of us 'Paugers, I know I live not too far from it.  I'm going to brainstorm with my g/f and other close by 'Paugers, for hosting a gathering before that show.  I work at a very hip Asian Fusion restaurant, 10 minutes from Merriweather.  My cousin owns the place, and I could see about having a meet and greet, with hors d'eouvres (on me) and Happy Hour drink prices. :beers:

Hmmm....

wish we could join ya!
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

rowjimmy

Quote from: redrum on June 11, 2009, 08:21:15 PM

Can't wait until Merriweather.  It's home field for a few of us 'Paugers, I know I live not too far from it.  I'm going to brainstorm with my g/f and other close by 'Paugers, for hosting a gathering before that show.  I work at a very hip Asian Fusion restaurant, 10 minutes from Merriweather.  My cousin owns the place, and I could see about having a meet and greet, with hors d'eouvres (on me) and Happy Hour drink prices. :beers:

Hmmm....

wish we could join ya!

Do it!

redrum

considered it but we comitted to a HUGE bday party on that day (in CT on 8/15)
large amounts of phamily will b there
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Caravan2001

I never bring a camera...I wish i brought one to Hampton for the friend pix, I never take band shots....I will bring a camera to the Fox and snap a few and put it away....But yeah, I don't like to bust out electronics during a show if I can help it...

gah

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 11, 2009, 09:16:27 PM

Hmmm....

wish we could join ya!

Do it!

SER! Make it happen!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 11, 2009, 11:29:55 PM

Hmmm....

wish we could join ya!

Do it!

SER! Make it happen!

i wanna go  :|
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

gah

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on June 12, 2009, 12:49:08 AM

Hmmm....

wish we could join ya!

Do it!

SER! Make it happen!

do it! whats stopping you? if it isn't work, we will def find you a ticket.....

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 12, 2009, 12:52:35 AM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on June 12, 2009, 12:49:08 AM

Hmmm....

wish we could join ya!

Do it!

SER! Make it happen!

do it! whats stopping you? if it isn't work, we will def find you a ticket.....

it's def. on my plate of possible things to do in august!
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

VA $l!m

Hmmm....

wish we could join ya!

Do it!

huh? wha?!?! :?

you talkin to me?!?!  :-D

.......mmmkay. sounds like a plan. :wink:

ser. though if i can i WIll try and make it.
--though wht i'm really hopin for is Fall tour dates to be out before this show so i can just find another more feasible time for me to come back home for a show.
sure would love to end the summer there though... :cry:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

keeb333

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 10, 2009, 05:33:32 PM
^^^ No boo, I just assumed others would have one! Pics will come out soon enough I'm sure.

Anyhow, another funny story, at set break, I was standing there with wtu and I said keeb was supposed to be coming by there, and he goes, is keeb a kid or an adult? And I was like, whats that mean? And he goes, well, is he a kid, like me, or an adult, like you?  :lol: It had me cracking up, but man, if they were serving liquor there, I would have bought that youngster a couple shots of whiskey to teach him a lesson.  :-)

Wow, I'm finally catching up on some of these threads, saw this ^^^ and laughed my ass off!!!

The answer is: BOTH!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Seriously though, I'm 32, so whatever.  I feel like a kid much of the time, still!  Although, after Bonnaroo, I'm realizing that I'm way older than I think!  That festival really takes it out of you!)

So, we were going to try and meet people at setbreak, but we had the opportunity to move up closer to the front.  We ended up staying there til the end...no pee breaks or anything!

guyforget

BTW, goodabouthood, there were liquor bars in the Asheville Civic Center.  There was at least one on the floor making mixed drinks, alcohol and sodas.  I posted about them in one of my pre-show updates in the live setlist thread. 

Yo keeb, welcome back to real life, man!  Nice to see you and your crew in Asheville, we'll try to do it again sometime. 

-AD_

gah

Yeah, but that required working my way to the floor and leaving the comfort of my seat!  :-D

Plus, I didn't feel like blowing the cash.

Also, no worries keeb, I figured you were moving closer since you had those sweet spots behind mike 1st set. Did you get pics from back there? Also, your friends get rid of those tees?

keeb333

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 16, 2009, 02:44:34 PM
Yeah, but that required working my way to the floor and leaving the comfort of my seat!  :-D

Plus, I didn't feel like blowing the cash.

Also, no worries keeb, I figured you were moving closer since you had those sweet spots behind mike 1st set. Did you get pics from back there? Also, your friends get rid of those tees?

Yes and yes.  I've got pics from Asheville and Bonnaroo to post later tonight (hopefully I'll get to them).  I'm so tired from this past week.  It's been unreal!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: antelope19 on June 10, 2009, 05:38:19 PM
Quote from: Play_It_Leo on June 10, 2009, 05:37:14 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on June 10, 2009, 05:33:32 PM
^^^ No boo, I just assumed others would have one! Pics will come out soon enough I'm sure.

Anyhow, another funny story, at set break, I was standing there with wtu and I said keeb was supposed to be coming by there, and he goes, is keeb a kid or an adult? And I was like, whats that mean? And he goes, well, is he a kid, like me, or an adult, like you?  :lol: It had me cracking up, but man, if they were serving liquor there, I would have bought that youngster a couple shots of whiskey to teach him a lesson.  :-)

:lol: :wtu:

You'd think he would've learned that lesson about 10 days ago...

We'll just have to teach him again @ Starlake.  :Shakes fist in the air:

NOOOOOO!!!! NOT AGAIN!!!!!  :lol:

Seriously though, goodabouthood was right.  I honestly didn't drink at all from Fenway -> Asheville.  It was rough....

I really am looking forward to a Star Lake meetup though, maybe with McGrupp and Blaise on my side the young guys will stand a chance!
Bring in the dude!