News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

01/01 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Superfreakie, January 01, 2011, 11:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

G. Augusto

Didn't feel last night at all.
Pretty sure I'm done going to shows... :|

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

shoreline99

Aug, you think they've officially crossed over into nostalgia act territory?

G. Augusto

Quote from: shoreline99 on January 02, 2011, 09:59:03 AM

Kinda...
Just not for me anymore, I realized.
I saw 30+ shows in 3.0.
30+ of the same exact show.

shoreline99

I felt the same way after the two Jones Beach shows. Total letdowns.

Love the music, had high expectations for the fall shows and the big stands (CO, AC, DCU, MSG) but really haven't found a lot of shows that I'll go back and listen to repeatedly.

That being said, to paraphrase, 'there still ain't nothing in the world like a phish show'. I'll still go to shows, rocking out and anticipating the next big development, but from what I've heard since 3.0 I'm more than a little skeptical.

sls.stormyrider

midway through set 2, really enjoying this one
reba jam, jibboo, all of set 2 are  :music:

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VA $l!m

Quote from: shoreline99 on January 02, 2011, 10:11:04 AM

Love the music, had high expectations for the fall shows and the big stands (CO, AC, DCU, MSG) but really haven't found a lot of shows that I'll go back and listen to repeatedly.

That being said, to paraphrase, 'there still ain't nothing in the world like a phish show'.
I'll still go to shows, rocking out and anticipating the next big development, but from what I've heard since 3.0 I'm more than a little skeptical.

i understand your point, but your edging dangerously close to blasphemy there buddy.  :wink:  :syf:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

cleech74

Quote from: G. Augusto on January 02, 2011, 10:02:31 AM
Quote from: shoreline99 on January 02, 2011, 09:59:03 AM

Kinda...
Just not for me anymore, I realized.
I saw 30+ shows in 3.0.
30+ of the same exact show.

We'll still be able to catch up with you at a baseball game, right?  :-P
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: $l!m on January 02, 2011, 11:36:04 AM

That being said, to paraphrase, 'there still ain't nothing in the world like a phish show'.
I'll still go to shows, rocking out and anticipating the next big development, but from what I've heard since 3.0 I'm more than a little skeptical.

i understand your point, but your edging dangerously close to blasphemy there buddy.  :wink:  :syf:

well, only one of those choices is possible atm
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Superfreakie

Quote from: slslbs on January 02, 2011, 12:04:57 PM
Quote from: $l!m on January 02, 2011, 11:36:04 AM

well, only one of those choices is possible atm

::cough::
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

blatboom

liked the song selection first set but thought it was played pretty bad.  thought the second set was great, Simple especially.

qop24

from what I heard of set 2.....it was tasty....I loved Trey's nod to couch-tour during makisupa  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Lookin forward to the re-stream tonight so I can catch the first half of set 2 (server didn't work for me from set break thru the very beginning of sally....)

and I got my first Fee* !!!

*seen from couch
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

Nobes

Quote from: qop24 on January 02, 2011, 12:30:15 PM

*seen from couch

Does that count? If so, I got my first Reba. Finally! Stream sucked for a bit, but I like couching it. Kept me away from smelly assholes who steal seats and piss in garbage cans (Worcester may have been my last show in person).

aphineday

Quote from: Nobes on January 02, 2011, 01:49:04 PM
Quote from: qop24 on January 02, 2011, 12:30:15 PM

*seen from couch

Does that count? If so, I got my first Reba. Finally! Stream sucked for a bit, but I like couching it. Kept me away from smelly assholes who steal seats and piss in garbage cans (Worcester may have been my last show in person).
Of all the reasons to not go to shows anymore, this may be the worst.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...