News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Kentucky Derby 2012

Started by Buffalo Budd, May 05, 2012, 05:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Not sure if there are any out there that pays attention to horse racing but this is the one race that I actually pay attention to.
I've laid down some modest bets on a few to win.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Lifeboy

I'm watching it. Not because I chose to, but because it just happened to be on that channel.

I don't think I've ever watched it, and I certainly know nothing about it. Is it just one, one-lap race or what? Are there different "classes"?
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

runawayjimbo

I could give a shit about horse racing for 363 days a year, but I become an expert on Derby Day. I could do without all the pageantry and shit, but the race really is the most exciting 2 mins in sports and today was no different. I've never bet on it, but I'll always watch this and Preakness, and then usually forget about the Belmont once the Derby winner loses at Preakness.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Buffalo Budd

^^^Totally in the same camp and this is my first time laying down some bets.
Won $30, better than nothing I guess.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

khalpin

The Grandparents started a tradition of having the kids pick horses.  First place is $10, Second place is $5.   It's provided a lot of entertainment over the years.  The kids get pretty into it.  It's a lot of fun.  They'll probably be Vegas junkies in 20 years but...