News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The RUMOR MILL THREAD for **ALL RUMORS** [individual threads will be deleted]

Started by redrum, November 29, 2008, 09:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdman

Quote from: slslbs on November 29, 2008, 05:24:43 PM
How about  :phish: at Fenway?

Every summer they have 1 concert there, they try to make it "significant" for the area if possible.

(ducks)
Awesome
Paug FTMFW!

mattstick

Quote from: redrum on November 29, 2008, 05:26:08 PM
the thought of waiting in BonerZoo traffic to see phish play 1 set.... i can't even finish this sentenc......

:frustrated:

Really they would play one set?  Like when WSP headlines for 2 nights they play 1 set?  Have you been to Bonnaroo and waited in traffic in the last few years?  Probably not because you'd know that for the most part it is about a 2-hour run of traffic.  Hardly worth complaining about given the sheer number of hours we've waited at Phish fests.

You = don't know what you're complaining about - so stop complaining.

redrum

Quote from: slslbs on November 29, 2008, 05:24:43 PM
How about  :phish: at Fenway?

that would be so heady.
i doubt we'll ever see phish there. ..although no venue would surprise me these days.

however, i've always had this weird feeling that trey band would play there years down the road from now.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

whyweigh5.0

yep
for the most part traffic is a non-issue at Bonnaroo now.  Barely worth getting frustrated about.  And would you really go to Bonnaroo JUST for phish?
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

redrum

Quote from: mattstick on November 29, 2008, 05:29:47 PM
Quote from: redrum on November 29, 2008, 05:26:08 PM
the thought of waiting in BonerZoo traffic to see phish play 1 set.... i can't even finish this sentenc......

:frustrated:

Really they would play one set?  Like when WSP headlines for 2 nights they play 1 set?  Have you been to Bonnaroo and waited in traffic in the last few years?  Probably not because you'd know that for the most part it is about a 2-hour run of traffic.  Hardly worth complaining about given the sheer number of hours we've waited at Phish fests.

You = don't know what you're complaining about - so stop complaining.

LOL. you love defending bonnaroo so much.  :lol:

---

redrum

---

ytowndan

I'm not really a festival guy anymore, but every year the 'roo line up gets me more and more motivated to try and go. If Phish got added, It'd probably be enough for me to say "screw it, I'm going". 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mattstick

Quote from: redrum on November 29, 2008, 05:31:54 PM

LOL. you love defending bonnaroo so much.  :lol:

And you like saying stuff that's based on a pseudo-reality in your own mind.

I hope Phish plays Bonnaroo, you stay home because of your misconceptions, and they blow the roof off.

whyweigh5.0

and its far from selling out I think.  They are musicians.  They like to play music.  If they got a big offer to play in front of a huge crowd why should they pass it up?
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

mattstick

Phish sold out when they got a major record deal.

They sold out when they started playing arenas.

They sold out when Drygoods went to MusicToday.

Every band "sells out".  If they didn't sell out they weren't good enough.

whyweigh5.0

GBL

Quote from: ytowndan on November 29, 2008, 05:34:26 PM
I'm not really a festival guy anymore, but every year the 'roo line up gets me more and more motivated to try and go. If Phish got added, It'd probably be enough for me to say "screw it, I'm going". 

1st year was the best, IMO.. of course it was the only year i went, but still  :-P
If this is love, I'm never going home..

ytowndan

I've never been to any of them, but as for the line up goes, I actually like the later years as opposed to the earlier ones.  I think once they became less of a "jamband festi" it became more appealing to me.  When they started getting more of the electronic/pop/hip hop stuff in there it gives it more of a variety, IMO. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

kellerb

Quote from: mattstick on November 29, 2008, 05:39:51 PM

Phish sold out when they got a major record deal.

They sold out when they started playing arenas.

They sold out when Drygoods went to MusicToday.

Every band "sells out".  If they didn't sell out they weren't good enough.

what a bunch of poseurs

lifeboy13

Quote from: deuce2_420 on November 29, 2008, 11:45:46 AM
I'm really hoping the Limestone rumors are correct and the 'roo and rothbury are incorrect!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loring_Air_Force_Base
(Read Post Base Usage section)
I'll second that. I think those are just people getting a little too baked and think "Wouldn't it be cool if Phish played here" talk
They won't play a multi-band fest unless if the original line-ups of Woodstock re-incarnated themselves and re wrote history with Phish doing the Star Spangled Banner acapela along with Jimi.
Good Day, Every Day!