News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/09 - Harvey's Outdoor Theatre - Lake Tahoe NV - Post-Show Discussion/Review

Started by Hicks, August 10, 2011, 01:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Since Caravan's a slacker.

08/09 - Harvey's Outdoor Theatre- Lake Tahoe, NV

I: Party Time > Okee Pah > AC/DC Bag > Mellow Mood, Rift, Punch You In The Eye, Meat > David Bowie, Bouncing Around the Room, Horn, Water in the Sky, 46 Days

II: Jibboo>Light>Chalkdust Torture>Slave to the Traffic Light, Free, Rocket Man#, Harry Hood, Walls of the Cave

E: Bug, Squirming Coil

#Elton John, First Time Played

Will download.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on August 10, 2011, 01:46:44 AM

I: Party Time > Okee Pah > AC/DC Bag > Mellow Mood, Rift, Punch You In The Eye, Meat > David Bowie, Bouncing Around the Room, Horn, Water in the Sky, 46 Days

II: Jibboo>Light>Chalkdust Torture>Slave to the Traffic Light, Free, Rocket Man#, Harry Hood, Walls of the Cave

Will download.

pffft...I was allowing you to share in some of the glory... :roll:

Hicks

:banana:
Quote from: Caravan2001 on August 10, 2011, 01:47:55 AM
Quote from: Hicks on August 10, 2011, 01:46:44 AM

Will download.

pffft...I was allowing you to share in some of the glory... :roll:

I'm totally getting laid tonight!

Wait, no I'm not.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

great time and show tonight.  met up with jphishman,  :wtu: , whatapiper, and anthrax.
beautiful little venue, uber chill crowd.

loved the setlist choices, rocketman = sweet, light was sick, walls = yes please, encore was dope.
besides the great tunes, FUN was had as well, and i was 100% sober. i cant wait to go back tomorrow.

cactusfan

that show was big fun.
walls was insane.
nice jamming in light.

mbw, i think i saw you, but then it took me five minutes to realize 'hey. that was mbw.'

can;t wait for tomorrow.

rowjimmy

Rocket Man is nice...

I'm actually gonna listen to this whole second set, I think.

sunrisevt

Quote from: cactusfan on August 10, 2011, 04:37:30 AM
that show was big fun.
walls was insane.
nice jamming in light.

mbw, i think i saw you, but then it took me five minutes to realize 'hey. that was mbw.'

can;t wait for tomorrow.

Clearly, fun was being had.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

rowjimmy

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 10, 2011, 05:27:26 AM
Rocket Man is nice...

Page struggled a bit with the vocals but who gives a shit it's Rocket Man.

I wouldn't sleep on the first set either. Meat > Bowie was pretty dope as well. This is really the first 3.0 show that will get multiple re-listens from start to finish from me. They were clearly having fun and unlike other times that was said it finally translated to the playing. Frankly I'm shocked there's no late night PHISH IS FUCKING BACK bump from WTU.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 10, 2011, 08:28:32 AM

Rocket Man is nice...

I wouldn't sleep on the first set either. Meat > Bowie was pretty dope as well. This is really the first 3.0 show that will get multiple re-listens from start to finish from me. They were clearly having fun and unlike other times that was said it finally translated to the playing. Frankly I'm shocked there's no late night PHISH IS FUCKING BACK bump from WTU.

I did listen to the Bowie and it was ok.

What's notable is the absence of trainwreck in the bits to which I've listened but I'd still laugh with derision if that thread got bumped.

mistercharlie

Gonna try to find some time to listen to this today before the show tonight. I didn't know that the show would start around 10pm here, I can totally stay up to watch tonight's webcast.  :beerbang:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

runawayjimbo

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 10, 2011, 08:43:29 AM

Rocket Man is nice...

I did listen to the Bowie and it was ok.

What's notable is the absence of trainwreck in the bits to which I've listened but I'd still laugh with derision if that thread got bumped.

Agreed. There were a few cringes (the ending of PYITE fell off a cliff after a solid version and the beginning of Walls is a little rough) but from top to bottom, this was as clean a performance as I can remember in 3.0.

Also notable is the lack of "WTF we're they thinking" with regards to the setlist, especially the second set.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

DoW

Rocket Man is nice...

you forgot to add that they are happy and healthy too  :wink:

I'll get around to listening to some of these shows this weekend.  seems like more people are enjoying them which is encouraging.

wish I didn;t always need to be up so early or else I would do the webcast tonight.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate