News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Ask August

Started by August, April 28, 2006, 11:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: barnesy305 on October 01, 2012, 08:34:38 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on October 01, 2012, 08:25:01 PM
Quote from: JustJezmund on October 01, 2012, 08:12:58 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on October 01, 2012, 07:33:58 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on October 01, 2012, 06:07:22 PM
Does a better intro to a rock song than van Halen's "hot for teacher" exist?

Also, for the record, this thread pwns Siri.

answer: Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion.

Motley crue "kickstart my heart" pretty much rocks many faces as well.

dire straits, money for nothing

other favorite intros, although not rock songs in this sense, peter gabriels sledgehammer and david bowies fame. maybe it's the basslines that kick in though for both those tracks that do it for me. No, I'm sure that's what it is.

Bad Brains- Big Takeover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mhP4zfa3qc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Also:

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

The Beatles - Revolution
Led Zep - Heartbreaker
GD - China Cat
Allman Brothers - Whipping Post
Jimi - Little Wing
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

barnesy305

susep

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

GBL

People need to stop answering questions like they're August

Respect the thread
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mbw

Quote from: GBL on October 01, 2012, 11:27:58 PM
People need to stop answering questions like they're August

Respect the thread

DoW

Does the return of the whale have anything to do with global warming?
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

justjezmund

it's not ask Gore. although i did hear that August did invent the internet.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Superfreakie

Quote from: JustJezmund on July 16, 2013, 10:52:19 PM
it's not ask Gore. although i did hear that August did invent the internet.

he didn't invent the internet, he just fuels it.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Caravan2001

Quote from: emayPhishyCO on April 05, 2012, 09:07:10 AM
Kevin Spacey!?! Epic!
I would have been psyched. I dont care if celebs get mad if people go up and ask for their picture or something, I think its cool. If they didn't wanna be in the spotlight of everyone they shouldn't have worked so hard to be in a billion movies and stuff.
But Se7en and Usual Suspects are awesome movies. I would be excited at least.
I have only ever met Dave Chappelle and a couple random musicians, never a big actor though.

This made me lol.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on February 02, 2017, 11:51:59 PM
Kevin Spacey!?! Epic!
I would have been psyched. I dont care if celebs get mad if people go up and ask for their picture or something, I think its cool. If they didn't wanna be in the spotlight of everyone they shouldn't have worked so hard to be in a billion movies and stuff.
I have only ever met Dave Chappelle and a couple random musicians, never a big actor though.

This made me lol.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

Kevin Spacey!?! Epic!

This made me lol.

Curious as why you dug this thread up, but glad I can give ya a late night laugh. The "they shouldn't work so hard to be in a billion movies" Does have a sarcastic tone to it too, I assume you didn't catch that and just meant this to be a "haha look at this noob" post. I still dont mind going up to celebs to say I appreciate their work. I still haven't asked for a picture though.

Caravan2001

Quote from: emayPhishyCO on February 03, 2017, 09:23:02 AM
Kevin Spacey!?! Epic!

This made me lol.

Curious as why you dug this thread up, but glad I can give ya a late night laugh. The "they shouldn't work so hard to be in a billion movies" Does have a sarcastic tone to it too, I assume you didn't catch that and just meant this to be a "haha look at this noob" post. I still dont mind going up to celebs to say I appreciate their work. I still haven't asked for a picture though.

Just fucking around.  It made me lol.  I was baked and stumbled on this thread.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Wish it would be revived though.

rowjimmy

Before it can get rolling, we kinda need to know if the doctor is in.