News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd. 1: Citizen Kane vs. The Breakfast Club

Started by cactusfan, May 08, 2012, 03:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Citizen Kane vs. The Breakfast Club

the sure to be most heated battle of the first round!

mistercharlie

Citizen Kaneis arguably one of te best movies out their, but I gotta go with The Breakfast Club du to the hundreds of times I watched it as a kid growing up in the 80's.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 08, 2012, 05:01:33 AM
Citizen Kaneis arguably one of te best movies out their, but I gotta go with The Breakfast Club du to the hundreds of times I watched it as a kid growing up in the 80's.

Maybe you should have gone to Saturday school instead of watching the Breakfast Club over and over again.

Looking past the typos and grammar nonsense, I think your post would have made as much sense if you wrote this:

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 08, 2012, 05:01:33 AM
Citizen Kane is arguably one of the best movies out there, but I've got to go with Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers du to the hundreds of times I watched it as a kid growing up in the 80's.

Gundo

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mistercharlie

Ha! That has to be one of my worst posts ever. I half blame myself and half blame my iPad. I didn't sleep much last night.

On a side note, hell yeah Rescue Rangers! That show was great.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Chi-Chi-Chi-Chip and Daaaale! Rescue Rangeeers!
Is this still Wombat?

kellerb

cactusfan

wow. i like the Breakfast Club and all, but yikes.

y'all should watch Kane someday. it's good.

Multibeast12

wow, it's citizen kane. breakfast club is fun, but it's citizen kane. This is gonna be a huge upset of Kane gets bounced.

natronzero

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

aphineday

Um yeah... I hadn't even opened this thread because I was pretty sure that it wasn't even close.
Holy shit.
The Breakfast Club is cute, but gimme a break. It's certainly no Citizen Kane.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mistercharlie

After careful thought, I decided to change my vote, however we are not allowed to change votes. So if you wan't to tally it one more in favor of Kane and one less in favor of Breakfast Club.

If only Judd Nelson had gotten to finish that joke about the guy with the duck under his arm, this movie might have been better than Citizen Kane.

sls.stormyrider

this matchup  - I just don't get.

Citizen Kane
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."