News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Interview Thread

Started by redrum, January 02, 2009, 10:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

mattstick

Great interview.  It really confirms that Exile was the perfect album choice at this point in their career.

Makes me wonder about 10/31/10...

postjack

Quote from: mattstick on May 12, 2010, 09:28:04 AM

Great interview.  It really confirms that Exile was the perfect album choice at this point in their career.

Makes me wonder about 10/31/10...

gordo's desire for a funkier Phish will take off during summer tour, peaking with a Meters s/t set on 10/31/10.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

mattstick

No thanks.  Phish is not funky.

rowjimmy

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 12, 2010, 10:21:37 AM
Quote from: mattstick on May 12, 2010, 10:16:59 AM
Phish is not funky.

Truth.

They got some funk, but not nearly enough to consider covering the Meters.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Gumbo72203

Ehhhhhh....  I don't know about that.

If Trey would turn off his overdrive and decide to use his neck pickup again.........     then I think Page's experience with PBS could really allow them to lock-in deep again.  I know that I, personally, wouldn't be opposed to the re-emergence of the 1997 min7-chord funk jams again. 

All we want to dooooooo.... is get funky with youuuuuuuuuu
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on May 12, 2010, 11:02:54 AM
Ehhhhhh....  I don't know about that.

If Trey would turn off his overdrive and decide to use his neck pickup again.........     then I think Page's experience with PBS could really allow them to lock-in deep again.  I know that I, personally, wouldn't be opposed to the re-emergence of the 1997 min7-chord funk jams again. 

All we want to dooooooo.... is get funky with youuuuuuuuuu

I don't know, dude. I saw Page with PBS and they ran circles around him. Not that it was bad at all, just that he is no Neville... and Gordo is no Porter... and don't even get me started with Fish... Party Time is as close to New Orleans funk as Phish gets. I'd hate to see them attempt a Meters album on Halloween. I fear it would just fall too flat.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Gumbo72203

you really think so? 

Regardless, either way, my vote will always be for Pink Floyd's "Animals".  I'd also toss in votes for Meddle and Wish You Were Here, but I'm not sure that Trey would be able to pull off any of Gilmour's lap-steel slide histrionics, which are absolutely necessary for One of These Days and Shine On You Crazy Diamond Pt. 2. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mattstick

I'd say 11/2/98 pretty much ensures another Pink Floyd album won't be played.

guyforget

i'd like to see them do something 70's / 80's prog-y that gets back to their roots of doing tough compositions w/ open ended jamming. 

but i'd more likely expect them to do something straight up rocking, like led zeppelin or something. 
-AD_

WhatstheUse?

i wonder if we will see one of the 99 albums that were "killed off" appear as a halloween cover in the future....

I'm sure they were seriously considering a few of them..
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 12, 2010, 02:41:42 PM
i wonder if we will see one of the 99 albums that were "killed off" appear as a halloween cover in the future....

If it's MGMT this time I'm quitting Phish.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on May 12, 2010, 03:56:51 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 12, 2010, 02:41:42 PM

If it's MGMT this time I'm quitting Phish.

I'd go with you.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Superfreakie

Quote from: guyforget on May 12, 2010, 12:11:58 PM
i'd like to see them do something 70's / 80's prog-y that gets back to their roots of doing tough compositions w/ open ended jamming. 

I'm really surprised they have not nailed a Yes album yet. Trey has teased Yes jams like mad his entire career. Page would have the vocals nailed. And Gordo's bass would fit like a glove. It's coming......or a Zeppelin album  :wink:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.