News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd 1 - Tweezer - (2) 11-02-94 vs (3) 12-02-95

Started by runawayjimbo, July 15, 2012, 10:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

VDB

That's one strange-looking building there. I can see how the floorplan makes sense for basketball, but concerts? Either one half the audience is looking at the performers' backsides, or the band is facing the wall and looking at no one... (Or you install a rotating stage, so the band stares at a wall half the time.)

I have to think this vote counts as a bigger upset than the 2-3 seeding might even indicate. Given the enormous stature these sprawling 1994 Tweezers rightfully enjoy, to see even one of them fall in the first round is notable.
Is this still Wombat?

mehead

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on July 24, 2012, 09:05:50 AM
That's one strange-looking building there. I can see how the floorplan makes sense for basketball, but concerts? Either one half the audience is looking at the performers' backsides, or the band is facing the wall and looking at no one... (Or you install a rotating stage, so the band stares at a wall half the time.)

I have to think this vote counts as a bigger upset than the 2-3 seeding might even indicate. Given the enormous stature these sprawling 1994 Tweezers rightfully enjoy, to see even one of them fall in the first round is notable.

I grew up in Bangor and was at both the '93 and '94 shows.  Those 2 ends of the building on the side that go up are where the stands are so you're right, for the '94 show.  The band faces a wall and as you can tell by the picture, there's not much floor space from the stage to the wall.  But in '93, the stage was set up in the middle of the floor and faced the stands on the right hand side of the building.  It is the weirdest building you will ever see or be in.  They are actually in the process of building a new place right next to it that is scheduled to open in the fall of '13.

Oh, and how the fuck did this Tweezer lose out?

:shakehead:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mistercharlie

While this one was an upset, 12-02 is a rolling monster of jam funk. If Bangor had to lose at least it lost to New Haven.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.