News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MLB 2014

Started by antelope19, March 31, 2014, 09:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: pcr3 on April 01, 2014, 10:45:27 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on April 01, 2014, 10:22:26 AM
side note: Jim Johnson came in and blew the game for the A's yesterday and was then booed off the mound by the fans.

Honest question...do you think Tommy Hunter can fill this role? I ask because I only caught the ninth on the radio after work, and the Sox announcers were wondering what the Os plan for closer was this offseason.

I do.  He's got alot to prove, obviously, but he has been really solid since his move to the bullpen (last year he had a 2.81 ERA over 68 appearances)and can hit the mid/upper 90's with his fastball when he wants to. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

DoW

Quote from: antelope19 on April 01, 2014, 11:21:02 AM
Quote from: pcr3 on April 01, 2014, 10:45:27 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on April 01, 2014, 10:22:26 AM
side note: Jim Johnson came in and blew the game for the A's yesterday and was then booed off the mound by the fans.

Honest question...do you think Tommy Hunter can fill this role? I ask because I only caught the ninth on the radio after work, and the Sox announcers were wondering what the Os plan for closer was this offseason.

I do.  He's got alot to prove, obviously, but he has been really solid since his move to the bullpen (last year he had a 2.81 ERA over 68 appearances)and can hit the mid/upper 90's with his fastball when he wants to.
I heard the same radio broadcast as Paul.  they were talking a bit about his splits vs. righties and vs. lefties.  I think lefties hit close to .300 against him last year.
I don't know enough about him.  I just heard that on the radio.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

antelope19

I won't be shocked if Hunter struggles and a few guys get a shot at the role.  Buck is extremely loyal to his guys (see: Jim Johnson and his league leading 9 blown saves in 2013) so Hunter will REALLY have to struggle, but other guys like Darren O'Day and Ryan Webb come to mind as potential replacements if need be... Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.

If the O's can stay afloat in this first month with Machado still recovering and Troy Patton suspended for the first 25 games, I think they've got the talent to make some noise this year.  Alot can happen over the course of a season though.   

antelope19

mattstick

Drew Hutchinson looked pretty good last night, hopefully we can get 31 more of those from him.

Jays pitching has the talent to surprise with Hutch, Morrow and McGowan.  Or they could all be hurt and it will be another nightmare season.

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on April 02, 2014, 09:32:17 AM

Drew Hutchinson looked pretty good last night, hopefully we can get 31 more of those from him.

Jays pitching has the talent to surprise with Hutch, Morrow and McGowan.  Or they could all be hurt and it will be another nightmare season.

I can't speak on your pitching staff's penchant for injury, but Reyes is already on the DL......

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mattstick

Quote from: antelope19 on April 02, 2014, 09:33:29 AM
Quote from: mattstick on April 02, 2014, 09:32:17 AM

I can't speak on your pitching staff's penchant for injury, but Reyes is already on the DL......

Yeah, 2 weeks... shouldn't be too bad.  I like the look of the "no-bat all-glove" up the middle with Goins and Diaz.

VDB

Least intelligent? I dunno, 2012's trash delay fiasco in Atlanta was pretty bad...
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on April 02, 2014, 10:31:38 AM
Least intelligent? I dunno, 2012's trash delay fiasco in Atlanta was pretty bad...

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I know, I just REALLY enjoy trashing Yankees and Red Sox Fans as often as possible.  This opportunity was too good to pass up..... 

DoW

Quote from: antelope19 on April 02, 2014, 10:57:13 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on April 02, 2014, 10:31:38 AM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I know, I just REALLY enjoy trashing Yankees and Red Sox Fans as often as possible.  This opportunity was too good to pass up.....
at least she wasn't wearing a pink hat.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mehead

Quote from: pcr3 on March 31, 2014, 07:16:35 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on March 31, 2014, 06:10:22 PM
STRIKES OUT LOOKING!!!!!!!!

Quote from: antelope19 on March 31, 2014, 01:23:54 PM
Red Sox, LOL.  First to worst starts today! 

Boom!

Sure will be tough to make up that game in the standings. Enjoy 1st place while it lasts...

And that didn't last long   :-D
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

antelope19

Was at the game tonight. Felt really good to be back at the yard.

I don't know why some photos rotate when they're posted.  :frustrated:

rowjimmy

Are we talking about the Braves' home opener fireworks show yet?

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 09, 2014, 02:45:28 PM
Are we talking about the Braves' home opener fireworks show yet?

wow.  first I'm hearing about it.  What a disaster!