News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

HBO GO

Started by VDB, February 13, 2013, 10:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 06, 2019, 05:33:39 AM
Quote from: Hicks on August 05, 2019, 09:41:27 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 05, 2019, 07:40:44 PM
Yo Paug! Anybody watch Euphoria?

Im only a couple episodes it but it seems like a pretty accurate portrayal of drug use. Which, as drug user, I can appreciate.

I almost gave in and started it a couple times in moments of post GOT weakness, but now with Succession and GLOW starting up again this weekend it looks like I won't be succumbing to it's Gen Z nonsense. 

/oldman

I cannot wait for GLOW to come back!

On HBO news though... the wife and I binged both seasons of Barry over the course of a week. Totally loved it and we are eagerly awaiting season three in 2020.

I'm also super pumped for GLOW on Friday!

Barry really surprised me.  I wouldn't have expected it to be one of the best shows on TV but, IMO, it's up there with the best of them.  Really, really well done. 

As for Euphoria, I saw a trailer or two and came to the conclusion that I'm simply too old and too sober to be in their target audience. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Hicks

Yeah Barry was excellent, so dark but also really funny with characters like NoHo Hank.

Anybody else watch Succession? Not amazing or anything, but pretty solid dark comedy. It took a few episodes to get rolling, but once it did it was pretty addictive.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

Barry is great.  Winkler and Hank steal the show.

mistercharlie

Noho Hank is my favorite character. I loved that actor as the happy psychopath Zaz, on Gotham. And he brings the same humor to Barry.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

So none of you are watching Succession?

The fuck is wrong with you people?

Second season is easily topping the first, shit is so darkly hilarious. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on August 26, 2019, 02:35:15 AM

I just heard of it for the first time last night. We saw an ad for it before The Righteous Gemstones, the new Dany McBride comedy on HBO. It looked better than The Righteous Gemstones turned-out to be.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 26, 2019, 05:33:29 AM
Quote from: Hicks on August 26, 2019, 02:35:15 AM

I just heard of it for the first time last night. We saw an ad for it before The Righteous Gemstones, the new Dany McBride comedy on HBO. It looked better than The Righteous Gemstones turned-out to be.

Obviously that was a drunk post, but still, show is really finding its groove. 

VDB

The McMillions documentary series is really well done.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

So, silly question here.

While I'm at home, not working, and my wife is home working remotely the systems she is using drain our internet speeds. I have figured out how to download Netflix movies to stream from my laptop to my TV without using the internet. Is there a way to do something like this with HBO? I really want to finish watching the new season of Curb.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Quote from: VDB on March 30, 2020, 02:29:09 PM
torrent?

Yeah, the wife frowns on those these days. I may just have to stick to Netflix during this quarantine, once I am at home full time. I'm still in the office 3-days a week right now.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 30, 2020, 02:01:56 PM
So, silly question here.

While I'm at home, not working, and my wife is home working remotely the systems she is using drain our internet speeds. I have figured out how to download Netflix movies to stream from my laptop to my TV without using the internet. Is there a way to do something like this with HBO? I really want to finish watching the new season of Curb.

Yeah....nah.

You can w/ Amazon Prime though if you have that...
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 31, 2020, 11:38:24 AM
So, silly question here.

Yeah....nah.

Prime is how I watch my HBO. How do you do it?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 31, 2020, 11:44:18 AM
So, silly question here.

Yeah....nah.

So I just realized you can only download to a Phone or tablet. And not every movie/show is available for download....
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 31, 2020, 12:26:53 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 31, 2020, 11:44:18 AM
So, silly question here.

Yeah....nah.

So I just realized you can only download to a Phone or tablet. And not every movie/show is available for download....

Ah, I have a program on my laptop called BlueStacks that will make it operate like an Android device. I may be able to watch Curb that way.