News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Curveball - 08/17-19/18 Watkins Glen

Started by runawayjimbo, February 26, 2018, 02:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Oh I am so in and so excited.

Michelle and I are trying to avoid renting a car, does anyone know if there's airport shuttles or something? And I kinda forget how it worked last time.... if we don't have a car, we can still just carry our shit and camp by whereever you delinquents are, right?

Oh wait.... all of our camping shit.... damn, maybe I need to rent a car?
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

I'm flying into Ithaca. Hoping Yannick will pick me up in the RV.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

nab

Nothing says "You're almost to mid-life and haven't made it yet" like not being able to chip in on a 5k RV rental for a Phish festival.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: nab on February 28, 2018, 02:28:53 AM
Nothing says "You're almost to mid-life and haven't made it yet" like not being able to chip in on a 5k RV rental for a Phish festival.

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

:oops:

How embarassing. Seems i've stepped into another "People that are willing to spend $5000 on camping' thread.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mbw

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 28, 2018, 04:16:17 PM

How embarassing. Seems i've stepped into another "People that are willing to spend $5000 on camping' thread.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

emay

Quote from: mbw on February 28, 2018, 04:17:04 PM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Buffalo Budd

I think the proper terminology is 'glamping'.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 28, 2018, 07:32:53 PM

I think the proper terminology is 'glamping'.
heh, my mom will get a kick out of that.
i just explained to her today what a Trustafarian was.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mehead

I'm in - got the green light from the Mrs. this morning!!! 

:rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

tet

honestly, the $5k isn't that bad.  that's right about what 3 nights at a luxury tent in Africa costs... no :phish: included, but at that price you usually get all meals, drinks, and laundry, as well as an en-suite bathroom.  and a butler.  and a shitload of animals. 

hit me up if any of you loaded w00ks would prefer that instead.

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

birdman

Quote from: tet on March 02, 2018, 09:02:11 AM
honestly, the $5k isn't that bad.  that's right about what 3 nights at a luxury tent in Africa costs... no :phish: included, but at that price you usually get all meals, drinks, and laundry, as well as an en-suite bathroom.  and a butler.  and a shitload of animals. 

estimated lion attacks in Africa= 550-700/year.
Estimated lion attacks in central NY=0/year

Easy choice
Paug FTMFW!

tet

Quote from: birdman on March 02, 2018, 09:49:25 AM

Easy choice

the most deadly animal there is actually the hippo, by far, killing upwards of 3,000/year.  if i can give you a tip:  never get between a hippo and water, and if in the water already, never get between a hippo and deeper water!
-Phish

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: tet on March 02, 2018, 10:03:02 AM

Easy choice

the most deadly animal there is actually the hippo, by far, killing upwards of 3,000/year.  if i can give you a tip:  never get between a hippo and water, and if in the water already, never get between a hippo and deeper water!

Seriously, we went out in a tiny little wooden boat to check them out while in Ethiopia.
This guy was one of about 4 right next to us.
They could have easily flipped it and made a meal out of us.

tet

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 02, 2018, 10:29:36 AM
Quote from: tet on March 02, 2018, 10:03:02 AM

Easy choice

Seriously, we went out in a tiny little wooden boat to check them out while in Ethiopia.
This guy was one of about 4 right next to us.
They could have easily flipped it and made a meal out of us.

thankfully they are vegetarians.  but they'll still kill you.  not sure if that's any more comforting... 
-Phish