News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Gun Talk Re: have you heard about...?

Started by emay, July 20, 2012, 09:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: ytowndan on December 31, 2014, 07:46:14 PM
Quote from: mbw on December 31, 2014, 07:34:08 PM
good thing this lady had a concealed weapon to keep her and her toddler safe at the walmart.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/12/31/374114767/toddler-fatally-shoots-his-mother-at-idaho-wal-mart

Fuck yeah!  Freedumb!

"Sheriff spokesman Stu Miller says...."It's a tragedy. Accidental. Probably could have been prevented through some safety and security measures," Miller told Boise State Public Radio."

like not having a loaded gun, apparently without even the safety on, within arms reach of your two year old?  those kind of safety measures?

sls.stormyrider

at least carrying a loaded weapon in her purse preventing someone from mugging her

:shakehead:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: mbw on December 31, 2014, 07:57:12 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on December 31, 2014, 07:46:14 PM
Quote from: mbw on December 31, 2014, 07:34:08 PM
good thing this lady had a concealed weapon to keep her and her toddler safe at the walmart.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/12/31/374114767/toddler-fatally-shoots-his-mother-at-idaho-wal-mart

Fuck yeah!  Freedumb!

"Sheriff spokesman Stu Miller says...."It's a tragedy. Accidental. Probably could have been prevented through some safety and security measures," Miller told Boise State Public Radio."

like not having a loaded gun, apparently without even the safety on, within arms reach of your two year old?  those kind of safety measures?

Obviously he means that Infant Gun-Safety Training would have empowered the child to shoot someone more deserving.

sls.stormyrider

here'a another story of someone protecting his family with a gun

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/01/us/new-mexico-toddler-shoots-parents/index.html

3-year-old boy shoots father, pregnant mother in New Mexico
(CNN)A 3-year-old boy shot his father and pregnant mother over the weekend inside a hotel room in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Police say the boy removed a handgun from his mother's purse Saturday and fired one shot, striking his father in the lower backside.

The bullet apparently exited through the father's hip and hit the mother in the right shoulder. She is eight months pregnant, said Officer Simon Drobik of the Albuquerque Police Department.

The father was treated and released from the hospital while the mother was hospitalized in stable condition. The condition of her unborn child is unknown.

The boy and his 2-year-old sister, who was also in the hotel room, are under the care of the Children's Youth and Families department. They were not injured in the incident.

Drobik says the case has been sent to Albuquerque District Attorney's Office, which will determine whether the parents will be charged with criminal negligence.

Police did not identify the family.

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

ytowndan

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/17/us/charleston-south-carolina-shooting/

Quote(CNN)Several people were killed in a shooting at an historic African-American church in Charleston, South Carolina, a source close to the investigation told CNN.

The shooter is still at large.

The shooting took place Wednesday evening at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, the oldest AME church in the South.

Police haven't said how many people have been shot. But the source who spoke to CNN said several bodies were in the church that were yet to be identified.

"It's really bad. It's a very bad scene," local pastor Thomas Dixon said.

"Apparently the person just entered the church and opened fire. That part has not been fully articulated on what happened yet ... they are still looking for the suspect."

Search on for suspect

Police said the suspect in the shooting is a clean-shaven white man in his 20s, with a slender build. He was wearing a gray sweatshirt, blue jeans and boots.

Soon afterward, news cameras showed officers taking a man matching that description into custody, but police said they were still looking for the shooter.

The department asked anyone with information to call 911 dispatchers
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

runawayjimbo

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 18, 2015, 10:12:06 AM
A horrible act of terrorism.

Wait, he was Muslim? I thought it was a scrawny white dude?

Fuck that racist piece of trash.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

VDB

Quote from: runawayjimbo on June 18, 2015, 05:31:38 PM

Fox & Friends this morning floated the thesis that this Confederate-flag-waving, apartheid-loving mental case wasn't probably motivated by racism but was instead bent on attacking Christianity. FN's resident "the persecution is real!" mouth breather Todd Starnes even gets front-page real estate at FN.com right now with this piece of base-rousing conjecture. Hmmm... let's see, perhaps until new evidence suggests otherwise it might be prudent to, I don't know, go with the most likely theory or none at all?

Leave it to fucking Fox News to hijack a deadly mass shooting at an all-black church to promote one of their hysterical pet causes.
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

I'm really gonna miss Jon Stewart. Once again nailed it... "Sorry for the no jokes."

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

I'm going to respect you enough to assume you were being sarcastic but I am going to elaborate because I'm calmer than yesterday when I wrote that.

ter·ror·ism
/ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun
the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Obviously he's a racist. That's the motivator for this act of terrorism. This kid was a White Power radical. He is reported to have stated the desire to start a civil war.[1] It has been reported that he deliberately left a survivor and gave her this message: "You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go." That's the terrorism. That's the intimidation. That's the message that engenders fear.

More from the Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/19/us/charleston-shooting-terrorism-or-hate-crime.html
QuoteSamuel Sinyangwe, a civil rights activist who has helped chronicle violence against African-Americans, wrote on Twitter: "#CharlestonShooting terrorist wore an Apartheid flag on his jacket. If a Muslim man wore an ISIS flag, he wouldn't get past mall security."

Civil rights advocates said the Charleston attack not only fit the dictionary definition of terrorism but reflected a history of attempts by the Ku Klux Klan and other white supremacist groups to terrorize African-Americans.

"The first antiterrorism law in U.S. history was the Klan Control Act, so really, this has been the definition of terrorism," William Jelani Cobb, a writer and director of the Africana Studies Institute at the University of Connecticut.

Yep.

Quote from: PGLHAH on June 19, 2015, 01:07:52 AM
I'm really gonna miss Jon Stewart. Once again nailed it... "Sorry for the no jokes."

A thousand times this.
Here's the link:
http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/kb2h42/charleston-church-shooting

runawayjimbo

Yes, I was going for (and whiffed badly, apparently) sarcasm.

Also, not to take away from this unspeakable tragedy, but it defies logic that the police were able to apprehend this sick fuck without issue, but when a black guy picks up a toy guy in a Walmart or a 12-yo is playing with one on a playground the police have no choice but to shoot them on the spot. Fuck.

VDB, I almost gave out my first smite for linking a Todd Starnes joint, but upon further review I'm the asshole for clicking it. That dude is THE WORST.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

susep

Quote from: runawayjimbo on June 19, 2015, 09:28:24 AM
Also, not to take away from this unspeakable tragedy, but it defies logic that the police were able to apprehend this sick fuck without issue, but when a black guy picks up a toy guy in a Walmart or a 12-yo is playing with one on a playground the police have no choice but to shoot them on the spot. Fuck.

qft, seriously fucked up.  this dude looks like a 12 yo. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: susep on June 19, 2015, 09:39:47 AM

qft, seriously fucked up.  this dude looks like a 12 yo.

Agreed.

sls.stormyrider

^^
very good piece. tighter gun control (which I am strongly in favor of ) will certainly not solve these problems alone

Yes, I was going for (and whiffed badly, apparently) sarcasm.

the attempt at sarcasm wasn't that bad. Technically, RJ is correct. This was terrorism, much like many hate / racist crimes, etc.

unfortunately, in the current American vernacular, terrorist = Muslim / Arab.
This guy, and McVeigh, and many others, are just as much terrorists as Bin Laden and his friends, something that gets lost in the feeble minds of Fox New (attack against Christianity, WTF are they thinking)