News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018 Fall Tour

Started by emay, May 15, 2018, 02:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

I don't remember Fall 13 being a standout.  I'll need to go back and revisit.  All I saw was AC, and I remember the Reading Disease and 20 Years Later, but not much else.  I also saw the MSG run in December and all I remember is the Jemp set.  AC was pretty awesome, but not as good as Summer '15 or anything from this Fall tour.  I also really like a lot from Summer '12 leading up to and including Dicks.

sunrisevt

O fall 2013 was a standout for sure.

Carini the first night of the tour opener in Hampton? Off the chain.

Set 2 night three of that run is straight fire. And then Worcester?

Looking back, I figure some of it was that they were jazzed about Wingsuit.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: sunrisevt on November 11, 2018, 02:14:23 AM

Last Phish I've seen and it really was solid start to finish.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

susep

Fall '13 was indeed the heat, nearly every show had out of the box improvisation.  So many great jams. 

sunrisevt

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 11, 2018, 02:44:47 AM

Hah— wasn't that the one where we ran into each other in line for drinks during second set?
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

WhatstheUse?

I did most of fall 13 and only really remember Reading, Hampton/AC Carini's, and getting too high on Halloween.

Summer '15 and Bakers dozen still are the two that stand out for me in the past 9 years. This fall was pretty hot too but I haven't listened to that much so...
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Here's a solid reminder though...

Bring in the dude!

mattstick

re: Worcester13... Kenwood Dennard.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: sunrisevt on November 11, 2018, 11:43:20 AM

Hah— wasn't that the one where we ran into each other in line for drinks during second set?

Most definitely was. Good times.
Met Paul for the first time that run too.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 11, 2018, 04:44:37 PM
Here's a solid reminder though...

I forgot how much I love the Carini that starts this video! This will definitely be playing tomorrow at work. Thanks for posting it, Scott! :beers:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

pcr3

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 11, 2018, 07:00:29 PM
Quote from: sunrisevt on November 11, 2018, 11:43:20 AM

Most definitely was. Good times.
Met Paul for the first time that run too.

Totally. At the post- :phish: Jaunt. I may have been a bit too awake at that point... :beers:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

emay

Finally processing all these Vegas shows and the rest of the tour really.
10/31 was again ridiculous and so phishy. The dances, the songs, the jams, and the jokes.
My favorite night was probably Friday the 2nd but really all the nights have something special in them.
Really wish they capped the encore off with more of a bang on 11/3, it kinda sucked the energy out of the room even when people wanted more after 4 days in that crazy town. The cheers after Character0 were loud but abruptly stopped when the house lights illuminated what was left of the MGM grand arena.

This whole tour has been amazing. I need to give it all a re-listen but I really like where this band is at now. Wish I could make more shows like NYE or Mexico but its going to be a slow year for me in regards to Phish, as I wrap up Grad school and need to get serious about my portfolio. Cant wait to see where this band goes next year though, these NYE/Mexico runs are shaping up to be probably some of the best ones yet.

gah

Quote from: emay on November 12, 2018, 10:44:47 AM
Finally processing all these Vegas shows and the rest of the tour really.
10/31 was again ridiculous and so phishy. The dances, the songs, the jams, and the jokes.
My favorite night was probably Friday the 2nd but really all the nights have something special in them.
Really wish they capped the encore off with more of a bang on 11/3, it kinda sucked the energy out of the room even when people wanted more after 4 days in that crazy town. The cheers after Character0 were loud but abruptly stopped when the house lights illuminated what was left of the MGM grand arena.

This whole tour has been amazing. I need to give it all a re-listen but I really like where this band is at now. Wish I could make more shows like NYE or Mexico but its going to be a slow year for me in regards to Phish, as I wrap up Grad school and need to get serious about my portfolio. Cant wait to see where this band goes next year though, these NYE/Mexico runs are shaping up to be probably some of the best ones yet.

I like this attitude.  :rawk:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mbw

I think this tour will be solely remembered for the monster Bouncin' they dropped on 11/01.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: emay on November 12, 2018, 10:44:47 AM
its going to be a slow year for me in regards to Phish

I feel like you say that every year lol. You know your w00k ass can't say no...
Bring in the dude!