News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R1/W05: 07-25-1999 Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN

Started by jedifunk, June 12, 2006, 09:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

hey all;

just to get your week off on the wrong foot... my show choice will be delayed a bit.  i was a wee bit too drunk and stoned last night to attempt with any patience to upload my choice to sendspace or BT.  i'll be home at noon CST and will do it then!

i'd also like to take a moment to say how awesome this idea is and that we've embraced it so well.  the 4 shows we've listened to so far have been widely varied in year, setlist, playing, style, vibe... its a great testament to phish's abilities...

thanks again, and i'll have it up a little later.
------------------

ok, here it is... kinda.

my pick is.................... 7/25/99 Deer Creek. the infamous "gcrew set"....

now i picked this for several reason...
a) this show kicks ass
b) since i seemed to be known as a 1999 lobbyist, i figured i'd appease you all with a 99 pick.
c) i "rediscovered" this set a while back, and its been in serious rotation, and is climbing up my fav list.
d) it has the "gcrew set"... for those looking for the story to this see this thread:
http://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,2530.0.html

anyhoo, here is the bt link
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=26142

here's the sendspace link (one file for the entire show).
http://www.sendspace.com/file/iu86cz
- i also combined mfmf->mlt->whipping post, and makisupa->bday jam

enjoy.... and discuss
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

fauxpaxfauxreal

Consider yourself smote! 

:samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai:

<j/k> I can't wait to see your pick!

Alumni

Quote from: jedifunk on June 12, 2006, 09:31:24 AM
i'd also like to take a moment to say how awesome this idea is and that we've embraced it so well.  the 4 shows we've listened to so far have been widely varied in year, setlist, playing, style, vibe... its a great testament to phish's abilities...

Yup. I'm looking forward to getting started w/ week 5. Better late than never.

So the point, I gather, is to nominate a cool show that, in your/mine/anyone's humble judgment, is still a bit underexposed?

I mean, I love UNH 93, 12.7.97, and set 2 of 12.14.95 still gets me every time, but there doesn't seem to be much point in nominating an official release . . .
Cause I got a degree

jedifunk

no, i dont think there are any rules here as to what show you can choose... it just seems that thus far all the chosen shows were lesser known, or under the radar in some way...

and perhaps some dont agree with that... some may say that 12/9/97 isnt under the radar cuz its from fall 97, others have never heard it...

although i have a sinking feeling that my pick will NOT be from the under the radar category... but perhaps from the, "i havent heard this in a while, and my god is it SICK" category... ;)
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jonyem

Quote from: jedifunk on June 12, 2006, 11:24:23 AM
although i have a sinking feeling that my pick will NOT be from the under the radar category... but perhaps from the, "i havent heard this in a while, and my god is it SICK" category... ;)

Oh, I'm sure it will be, looking forward to your pick.

fauxpaxfauxreal

OK THAT'S IT GUYS.

I MEAN IT THIS TIME.

WHO JUST SMOTE ME?!?!?

:samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai:

jedifunk

wow, 2 smites!  last time i looked you were at 20... this is kinda lame... smiting for no reason...
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: jedifunk on June 12, 2006, 11:39:09 AM
wow, 2 smites!  last time i looked you were at 20... this is kinda lame... smiting for no reason...

It happens daily!  I'm telling you!

August

i love this show!
the whipping post is SICK!
i made a copy of this for a friend about two months back and realized that my YEM was
mangled, so now ican grab that too!
cant wait to relisten to this one!]
a

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

sophist

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll grab it when I get home!!!!!!!!!!!

good one jedi  :-)
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sirtubepiper

yay, thanks for seeding it. 7/26 was the last night of summer 99 right?

jedifunk

sorry for the delays on the mp3 version... sendspace is being weird, and i cant seem to get it uploaded.  i'll try again when i get home from work.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

alright, it finally uploaded correctly!

its at the top, but here it is again, the sendspace link
http://www.sendspace.com/file/iu86cz

enjoy
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

thanks  8-), not sure i've heard this one.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-