News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/15 - VWA at Encore Park - Alpharetta, GA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, June 15, 2011, 11:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

The biggest risk they took all night was not leaving the stage as soon as they were asked during Mound.

Timber totally ripped, tho.

spaced

Quote from: Undermind on June 15, 2011, 11:50:39 PM
Quote from: spaced on June 15, 2011, 11:47:34 PM
I think this is one 3.0 show where being there probably would have made me enjoy it less. Still seemed like a snoozer over the stream, but being in the rain would have made it much worse I would guess. Jim, Timber, Suzy, and the last few songs were pretty good, but everything else was  :tte:
Trey ripcording Tweezer was the biggest letdown I've had from Phish in 3.0

Yeah, they had a chance to come out and play a really special set to make up for the rain delay, and that just put that idea to rest right away.

aphineday

Quote from: sophist on June 15, 2011, 11:43:33 PM
I walked out at zero.  That was one on of the worst phish shows I have seen in a long time.  Completely phoned in effort minus the timber.  The storm was insane and did make for a very unique experience.  I did set one with wtu and emay.  Set two i was alone.  Besides the mound restart i thought set two was a flaming pile of fail.   
Sorry, dude :/ Good to get a confirm'd on this though from an attendee. That's definitely how it seemed over the stream. I had to fight the urge to quit watching after the Tweezer slammed head on into a flaming garbage truck.

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 15, 2011, 11:46:02 PM
Trey did come out for the encore and say, "you're too kind. Waaaaay too kind.". I think he knew it wasn't great.
I got the impression he may have been talking about the "Birdwatcher" flubs more than the whole show, but there's no way in Hell that he doesn't know this show blew goats.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mbw

or he's just a humble dude who appreciates 12,000 people laying down hard earned money and time to come see them play.

one of the two.

Caravan2001

I dunno...I think there were some good parts.....The Hood was great....and the Jiboo had a couple of sick parts....

aphineday

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 16, 2011, 12:12:51 AM
or he's just a humble dude who appreciates 12,000 people laying down hard earned money and time to come see them play.

one of the two.
I DISTINCTLY hope this is it. I hadn't even really thought about that.

mbw

Quote from: aphineday on June 16, 2011, 12:17:55 AM

one of the two.

this is hardly their worst show in a while.

aphineday

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 16, 2011, 12:21:51 AM
Quote from: aphineday on June 16, 2011, 12:17:55 AM

one of the two.

this is hardly their worst show in a while.
I'd have to re-listen to really develop a full opinion. That being said, I do remember some good stuff (especially during Timber and Harry Hood somewhat). I know it's stupid, but that Tweezer just really left a horrible taste in my mouth man. I know that it's stupid and childish to let that define the show, but it's happening for me right now. I'll do my best to get by it, and give this show a true listen.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

VDB

The storm was pretty wild. We had a good bit of roof over us but the rain was blowing in sideways so hard at points that I don't think anyone stayed dry. Fairly tall trees at the back of the lawn were leaning fairly hard in the wind. The music was mostly OK, energetic if not terribly creative. Not a whole lot of wild improv going on. Adequate rock peakage when it was called for.
Is this still Wombat?

whatapiper

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 15, 2011, 11:36:28 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 15, 2011, 11:34:40 PM

Is it just me, or does that look like the same wook that's on the fake cover to Party Time.

if so he has cleaned up a bit  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

guyforget

remember when tweezer, slave, bowie, jibboo, hood and a kung would make a sick, sick, sick 2nd set?
-AD_

whatapiper

Quote from: guyforget on June 16, 2011, 01:48:11 AM
remember when tweezer, slave, bowie, jibboo, hood and a kung would make a sick, sick, sick 2nd set?

all too well
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong