News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/15 - VWA at Encore Park - Alpharetta, GA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, June 15, 2011, 11:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

well the addicted phan inside of me wants to think, "this must mean that charlotte >pmouth is going to rage!"

but the realistic version of me is calling a KDF to open Charlotte set 1 and a Carini to open set 2...

oh well.

::rolls dice anyway::
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

G. Augusto

For a split second, I honestly thought that they might attempt a 45 minute Tweezer to make it up to the fans...

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 16, 2011, 12:21:51 AM
this is hardly their worst show in a while.

What are some that are worse?

rowjimmy

Play_It_Leo

Kinda sad when one of the best segues in these 2 shows was Birdwatcher > Kung. Doesn't say a lot for the rest of the music played.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

runawayjimbo

The boys looked like they were having fun last night!!!

Quote from: G. Augusto on June 16, 2011, 05:25:59 AM
For a split second, I honestly thought that they might attempt a 45 minute Tweezer to make it up to the fans...

While I dig it in short doses, I'm not sure I could endure a 40 min plinko jam.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

DoW

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 15, 2011, 11:56:04 PM
The biggest risk they took all night was not leaving the stage as soon as they were asked during Mound.

:-D

it's tough to be critical of them on a night like that.
I know people put down good money to be there but you can't control the weather.

I give them a pass on this one.
my opinion is that if you are fluffing this show, you will always be a fluffer.  and if you are hating on this show, you will always be a hater.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

aphineday

Quote from: bvaz on June 16, 2011, 08:06:44 AM
The biggest risk they took all night was not leaving the stage as soon as they were asked during Mound.

I know people put down good money to be there but you can't control the weather.

my opinion is that if you are fluffing this show, you will always be a fluffer.  and if you are hating on this show, you will always be a hater.
I don't know, I don't think I'm a hater or a fluffer, bad sets are just bad sets. The weather is tough, but look at what happened when it stormed in Walnut Creek!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mattstick

I checked out the setlist rolling in while watching Ricky Romero carve up the Baltimore Orioles at Rogers Centre.  I don't really get upset over missing phishy things these days but I was a little dis-heartened to see such an interesting setlist happen when I could have been at home watching a webcast.

As such it was strange to come home and read all these negative reviews.

Seems like a lot of people are starting to feel the way I felt after AC... where is the creativity?

I bet there will be one more hot show left on this tour, and Superball IX + the second summer leg will bring more interesting shows.

rowjimmy

Quote from: bvaz on June 16, 2011, 08:06:44 AM

Great artists thrive in adversity.

Phish... not so much last night.

I did enjoy the webcast and the music played. Nothing got as awesome in the second as the Timber did in the first. Despite the band crossing several launching points, they remained firmly grounded.

Undermind

I think the Tweezer ripcord was so frustrating that it was hard to get into the rest of the set for me.  It's frustrating because we know what they are capable of and Trey just
seems uninterested in pushing bounderies there at all.  They are playing better technically than they have since '99 right now imo  but the ripcord makes me want to do this  :frustrated:
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

DoW

I enjoyed the webcast too and am happy phish gave that option.

not letting go just gets so frustrating.  it's accepting that this is what they are now.
I am sure I will have more negative comments out of frustration but I'm at the point where if I'm going to hate, I'd just rather nt talk about phish at all.  there is not hating going on in this thread, but just a general comment.

I'm done expecting them to take the training wheels off.  I expect safe shows from now on and that is fine too I guess.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mehead

just gave the Tweezer a listen through

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

I guess last night's show is the main reason why I chose not to cough up any $$ for either of the web casts

I was reading the setlist on my phone as i was watching the Bruins and was sure that after the weather and the fact that
folks are at home watching that they would come out and destroy the place in the 2nd set...and to look at the 2nd setlist on paper

:shakehead:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sophist

Honestly, last night had the vibe and potential to be an all time special show and the band proceeded to play it super safe.  The energy from the storm was uncanny and the crowd was vivacious, rowdy,
and straight up ready for the roof to be blown off.  Instead, I felt like Icculus was reigning down his disdain for this pathetic excuse of an incarnation of Phish.  I haven't left a show with this sort of feeling since 7/27/03.  Pure disgust is running through me
right now.   The only positive thing I can think of is that it won't get any worse.  At least they play the songs correctly (for the most part) but god damn is it boring to stand there and listen to Trey run all over the
remaining three band members.  If anyone is wondering my mindset, I was sober by the second set of this show.   I even think had I been tripping, it would of been far worse.  I'm not going to get into my trip from Tuesday night in this thread
but needless to say I had some major epiphanies about this band on Tuesday night, and to reevaluate those thoughts while the show was going on last night, it really hit home for me. 

Now, this isn't to say this is deterring me from being excited about this weekend, because it's not.  I'm looking forward to the rest of this run and the epic adventures I'm going to have with my friends. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!