News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Phone it in Friday" @ work

Started by mattstick, April 23, 2010, 09:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guyute

Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

kellerb

Here until 4, nursing my 'small' hangover.  I should have known when I bought Holiday Weekend Booze yesterday afternoon that I would get into it early.

Undermind

I'm definitely phoning it in today.  The thing that sucks is some idiot scheduled a meeting for 2 today so I can't leave early! :frustrated:
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Hicks

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz   :snort:   huh?  are we at work right now?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

blatboom

my manager is all "why didn't you just take today off too?"   :|

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on July 02, 2010, 01:27:43 PM

Why didn't you?

blatboom

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 02, 2010, 01:29:39 PM
Quote from: blatboom on July 02, 2010, 01:27:43 PM

Why didn't you?

I wanted to save some PTO for an actual vacation later this summer and besides I couldn't afford to do another show.  I wasn't planning on feeling this rough today   :-P

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: blatboom on July 02, 2010, 02:04:00 PM
I wasn't planning on feeling this rough today   :-P
This coming from the guy who had to crash at the welcome center at 3 in the morning.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Flaming Lips last night, rough morning.

Leaving work at 4, lunch with my girlfriend at noon, basically just filling in the blanks 'til then.

mistercharlie

Still on 'Vacation' so I'm not even bothering to 'Phone it in'.

Mr Pibb and Red Vines equals crazy delicious.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

tet

would like to phone it in today but have to do some work for a client, then maybe i'll sneak in some Team Fortress 2 with the new Engineer update...  god i LOVE Steam on Mac!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

didnt want to, but i had to "phone it in" indefinitely due to doctors orders today
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sophist

present.  In between posts here, and facebook, I'm getting some work done.  I plan to do nothing this weekend.  I mean nothing. 

::prepares to lay around and watch crappy 2010 released movies::
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

PIE-GUY

After a fairly low-key week, today is kicking my ass. I should be done by 5, though. then is Miller-Time, baby!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

kellerb

ditched out of work 2 hours early to get my exhaust fixed (muffler: replaced).  the last couple days, any time I got stuck in traffic for five minutes I started feeling all Kellerb@Toyota, and I figured carbon monoxide might be the cause.  It might have just been the extreme heat (again), but I needed to get my muffler replaced anyway.

My car is so quiet now, its like oldsmobile invented a rusty hybrid achieva in '92