News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Your Trip Is Short.....

Started by Superfreakie, March 25, 2012, 01:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

phil

I'm tryin ta smoke whatever that guy's got. It would be tits to hallucinate about dinosaur aliens
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

runawayjimbo

Not really space shit but some pretty cool satellite pictures of various cities and how they've changed over time. The swipe feature is especially bitchin'. As with a lot of things, Dubai is the coolest.

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/world/road-to-rio/satellite-photos-urban-sprawl/index.html
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 20, 2012, 02:43:48 PM
Not really space shit but some pretty cool satellite pictures of various cities and how they've changed over time. The swipe feature is especially bitchin'. As with a lot of things, Dubai is the coolest.

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/world/road-to-rio/satellite-photos-urban-sprawl/index.html

thats sweet.

Superfreakie

Funny story concerning that pic of Dubai. Besides the man made palms out in the water, you see a cluster of tiny sand islands in the shape of a globe. It is supposed to be earth, you can clearly make out South America, NA and Africa, Eurasia. Australia is a little fucked. Anyway, regarding those islands, they are emblematic of the massive Dubai housing bubble that crashed during the crisis, and to this day remain unbuilt on.   
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Superfreakie on April 20, 2012, 05:13:48 PM
Funny story concerning that pic of Dubai. Besides the man made palms out in the water, you see a cluster of tiny sand islands in the shape of a globe. It is supposed to be earth, you can clearly make out South America, NA and Africa, Eurasia. Australia is a little fucked. Anyway, regarding those islands, they are emblematic of the massive Dubai housing bubble that crashed during the crisis, and to this day remain unbuilt on.

Yep, and they don't have nearly the same oil money as big brother Abu Dhabi. I think I heard some of the islands are actually sinking. I remember a special on History channel or something about the massive amount of money spent just on planning this ridiculous thing. There were huge problems developing the breakwater to make sure they were safe from the open waters. It's a reminder both of the amazing things man can achieve as well as the dangers of what happens when people constantly blow smoke up your ass.

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

McGrupp

Good chance of a CME (Coronal Mass Ejection) heading our way in the next 24 hours. So if you lose power, or your cell phone stops working, this will be why:

http://news.discovery.com/space/big-pic-sun-space-weather-sunspot-eruption-120511.html

Only a 20% chance of a big one, and a 1% chance of a 'severe' one.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Superfreakie

kellerb

Quote from: Superfreakie on May 21, 2012, 02:14:39 AM

That picture made a bunch of sounds in my head.  Alarm clocks going off, change jangling, cash registers, random screaming.

qop24

Quote from: kellerb on May 21, 2012, 06:52:12 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on May 21, 2012, 02:14:39 AM

That picture made a bunch of sounds in my head.  Alarm clocks going off, change jangling, cash registers, random screaming.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

lots of cool stuff in this thread, thanks to everyone contributing  :beers:
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

emay

Star implosion

Tarantula Nebula taken by the Hubble

Superfreakie

cleech74

"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon