News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/02 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO - Post-Show Discussion

Started by ytowndan, September 03, 2011, 02:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

GBL

Quote from: McGrupp on September 03, 2011, 11:54:20 AM
Between this show and the UIC run, I'm seriously wishing I had saved up some money and caught the end of this tour...

:roll:
If this is love, I'm never going home..

GBL

I REALLY did not like this 1st set.. Probably the best Slave ive ever heard and Simple was amazeballs..

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Undermind

Tom Marshall posted this on the green board:

QuoteHey -- so first of all, why would they play Undermind in the middle of the Elements set? Well...they screwed up! Here's how. Fish was trying to signal a song to Trey...Trey heard it but was unwilling to play Undermind since it didn't match the theme of the evening...finally Fish was insistent and Trey buckled under and went into Undermind.

It turned out...Fish was signaling to play Timber! They sound the same drum-wise.

Secondly, the S set. What does it mean? Well, it's nice if people found a meaning for it...because frankly, it was just a funny idea. Trey first mentioned it to me right after the UIC Chicago shows. We have been in touch a lot planning a writing trip later this month. I said it sounded absolutely perfect.

Then right before he flew to Colorado, we talked and he mentioned it again -- but this time he said that sometimes his "planned gags" don't go well, and things are better when they're completely spontaneous -- like the set lists all are these days. He mentioned as an example the "bunt cake" joke -- which seemed funny backstage, but apparently went over like a lead balloon in reality. I missed that so I don't know what show it was.

So I was certain they would NOT do it -- but I made a point to tell Trey that I would be watching the show from home last night, and that if they DID do it, it would be perfect.

Well.......the rest is history.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

G. Augusto

Meh.
This one wasn't really that tight.
Good thing they had a gimmick to roll with!

mattstick

G. Augusto

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

rowjimmy

RabeldyNugs

I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

Gumbo72203

holy wow.

Who cares about the playing anyway.  Phish is back.  Doing Phish things.  Phish sometimes fell flat doing Phish things, but they were always Phish things.  Phish is doing Phish things.  So shut the fuck up and love your life because Phish is actually back as Phish, the real Phish.  Not the Phish playing Phish songs, but Phish doing Phish things by playing Phish songs. 

There is a difference.

Now who died?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

aphineday

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 04, 2011, 01:04:50 AM
holy wow.

Who cares about the playing anyway.  Phish is back.  Doing Phish things.  Phish sometimes fell flat doing Phish things, but they were always Phish things.  Phish is doing Phish things.  So shut the fuck up and love your life because Phish is actually back as Phish, the real Phish.  Not the Phish playing Phish songs, but Phish doing Phish things by playing Phish songs. 

There is a difference.

Now who died?
Pretty solid assessment Gumbo. I really like the fact that they played this set, that they are doing the "Phish things". It means a whole lot more to me. I have so much more fun. If the jamz aren't 1994, I can live with it. They are playing well though, and I love a lot of what I'm hearing. Who wouldn't love some '94 type jams? On the other hand, this is far and away from a lot of the extremely phoned in sets I've heard in 3.0 IMHO.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Gumbo72203

Dude, i don't give a shit what underwear Trey puts on anymore, because with them having tossed down the shit in UIC night 1, Trey could pick his nose with a broken plastic fork and put it on a platter, record the resonant frequency of said booger, and then reproduce via his Boomerang and I would tip him for having done so, even if my eggs were quite undercooked.

So, the point is: we have our band back. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again