News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: aphineday on August 08, 2017, 02:36:30 PM
Slim, what's the best source on these "Island" shows? Thanks!
hmm,,, unfortunely im listening to them off disc and usually id have written the source down on them but for some reason these dont have one. im guessing they might be c miller tho since hecirculated alot of fall 79. ill see if i can find them on the archive
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

https://archive.org/details/gd79-10-31.sbd.miller.29410.sbeok.flacf

yeah im pretty sure its the millers. definitely the pure SBDs.

VA $l!m

re: 10-31- thaat first show is very solid all the way thru, esp for a late era holiday show... which often times i find the party atmosphere lessens the consistency of the playing in alot of cases.

China rider to open- nuff said. super solid first sets in this run.
and check out that Sailor saint, still in its infancy,  to close the 1st set.... they end up playing it again on the 3rd night but move it to highlight of the 2nd set expanding it inot a big jam.
then Shakedown 2nd set opener...just Poppin Nassau energy. i thought they might fizzle after that but naw, every1 including jerry push that energy allll the way thru to a Truckin closer for the NY crowd.. pretty rare i would think to see a china>rider opener and truckin to close a show.

aphineday

Thank you so much for going the extra mile in finding that, just really wanted to get the most out of the listen. We are leaving on a family vacation tomorrow, and luckily my wife loves GDead. Can't wait. +K for damn sure, and thanks again.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

VA $l!m

Quote from: aphineday on August 08, 2017, 11:36:28 PM
Thank you so much for going the extra mile in finding that, just really wanted to get the most out of the listen. We are leaving on a family vacation tomorrow, and luckily my wife loves GDead. Can't wait. +K for damn sure, and thanks again.
np heres the  miller for 11-1  https://archive.org/details/gd1979-11-01.sbd.miller.113354.flac16

only finding 2 rando sbds for the 2nd. https://archive.org/details/gd79-11-02.sbd.macdonald.7920.sbeok.shnf
https://archive.org/details/gd1979-11-02.sbd.unknown.4672.shnf

mattstick

This is always such a tough day for me.  22 years went by in a flash...

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on August 09, 2017, 08:24:13 AM

Crazy to think it's been that long.
One of the saddest days I can recall.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 09, 2017, 08:37:41 AM
Quote from: mattstick on August 09, 2017, 08:24:13 AM

Crazy to think it's been that long.
One of the saddest days I can recall.

I just remember my phone ringing off the hook all day, I was in utter shock all day. It all hit me like a ton of bricks the next day while at the HORDE show in Old Orchard Beach.

:syf:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

kellerb

I had to take a 10-minute break from work for a dance party.

My son busted into the office and started dancing on the futon to 5/8/77 Jackstraw / Deal.

Have you ever seen a 21-month-old spontaneously dance to music that is coded into your emotional DNA?

Let's just say that it's a good day to experience a few minutes of pure joy.

sls.stormyrider

^^
That is awesome

It lives on
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

That's fuckin' rad.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

kellerb

Gumbo72203

Hey guys, I need your help.  The new band I'm in is going to play Brown Eyed Women, and I was wondering if you guys could recommend some good versions for me to learn some of Jerry's licks from? 

I know it's on Europe '72, but it's a song I really never 'followed' like Playin, Dark Star, etc.  So any help on some really good ones would be much appreciated!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mvernon