News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-07-17 Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys, Stateline, NV

Started by anthrax, July 18, 2018, 01:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

7/17/18
Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys
Stateline, NV

I:  Free, Possum, Moma, Ghost, Funky Bitch, Stash, Character Zero

II:  NMINML, Carini, Slave, BATR, Soul Planet, Steam, Harry Hood

E:  Contact, Julius

runawayjimbo

If they keep playing like that I may have to re-reschedule my family vacation. Great start.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

anthrax

great start!

contact!  (they didn't play it at baker's dozen)

alcoholandcoffeebeans

looking forward to listening to this.

always love me some Carini.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

zimbra

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on July 18, 2018, 07:16:15 AM
looking forward to listening to this.

always love me some Carini.

Same.  Actually interested in the first set which feels weird, but good, to say.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Buffalo Budd

That setlist looks like a solid tour opener, stoked to hear the Moma and Soul Planet  :wtu:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

About 7 minutes into NMINML Trey kicks into that new dirty-ass sound he started playing with on the Trio tour. Fuck yes!!

It's gonna be a great summer!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 18, 2018, 10:56:33 AM
About 7 minutes into NMINML Trey kicks into that new dirty-ass sound he started playing with on the Trio tour. Fuck yes!!

It sounded like effects abounded last night.  Even fish was throwing in woodblocks and shit all over the place, at least in set I.

ph92

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 18, 2018, 10:56:33 AM

Sounds like he finally figured out how to use that shiny new pedal board, I can dig it for sure.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mistercharlie

Only got through Free and Possum on my drive to work today. But they sound like they've been practicing. I'm looking forward to my drive home so I can hear the Moma and Ghost.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

shoreline99

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 18, 2018, 12:45:12 PM
Only got through Free and Possum on my drive to work today. But they sound like they've been practicing. I'm looking forward to my drive home so I can hear the Moma and Ghost.

Just finished the first set. They've definitely been practicing, and Mike's vocals are noticeably improved.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

emay

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: emay on July 18, 2018, 01:07:46 PM
the summer of soul planet has begun!!

I'm sayin' !!!

Quote from: mbw on July 18, 2018, 11:19:26 AM
It sounded like effects abounded last night.  Even fish was throwing in woodblocks and shit all over the place, at least in set I.

SER cowbell action in that Moma. At a few points he was playing straight 16th notes all on the cowbell.... something I've definitely never heard him do before.

Super solid tour opener all around. Trey seemed a little unsure at times and just kinda.... stopped playing and messed with effects... but those moments actually were pretty awesome cuz Mike stepped it up hard. Also, diggin' some of Trey's new FX. Gonna be a good summer!!!!
Bring in the dude!