News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: aphineday on December 01, 2018, 11:41:38 AM
Has anyone heard anymore on a Petty Wildflowers vinyl re-release? They were talking about doing as a box set last year, but it has gone pretty dormant. I'm looking to grab that Wildflowers for my wife for Christmas, but the resale prices are just ridiculously dumb, and I know it comes as part of that studio LP part 2 box, but even that is $177 on amazon... just hoping they'd drop a re release before Christmas... but apparently that's not going to happen.

Supposedly Mike Campbell is still working on it but he's kinda busy with Fleetwood Mac for the next several months so who knows when it will actually come out. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gah

Has anyone heard anymore on a Petty Wildflowers vinyl re-release? They were talking about doing as a box set last year, but it has gone pretty dormant. I'm looking to grab that Wildflowers for my wife for Christmas, but the resale prices are just ridiculously dumb, and I know it comes as part of that studio LP part 2 box, but even that is $177 on amazon... just hoping they'd drop a re release before Christmas... but apparently that's not going to happen.

That sounds like one of those, hey look what I got you, but really for me kinda gifts... :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: gah on December 01, 2018, 01:15:30 PM

That sounds like one of those, hey look what I got you, but really for me kinda gifts... :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Those are the best gifts.
And I've been checking regularly for the Wildflowers RE. Hopefully in 2019.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

aphineday

Quote from: gah on December 01, 2018, 01:15:30 PM

Well I can't say that I'd hate it ;)
When we scattered her grandparents ashes in the Smoky Mountains, she fell in love with the wildflowers that her grandmother also loves. She took a bunch of pictures, and then sketched out a tattoo she wants with the lyrics "You belong among the wildflowers". But she definitely loved the record prior to that experience, so it's a win all over. Oh well, there are other holidays!
I bought Tweedy solo tickets this morning, which she will also love, so I'm set I believe.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

antelope19

JGAB #258 just arrived this morning! Can't wait to give it a spin this evening.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

mattstick

Fuckit, I bought one too.

emay

sick cant wait to blast this More

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mattstick on December 05, 2018, 10:05:50 AM

Fuckit, I bought one too.

damnit - I resisted this long... me too
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mehead

Quote from: emay on December 05, 2018, 11:13:56 AM

why else would you buy it?
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

susep

Quote from: mehead on December 05, 2018, 12:21:24 PM
Quote from: emay on December 05, 2018, 11:13:56 AM

why else would you buy it?

why they would pass on the preceding It's Ice is beyond me?  One marquee jam from each flavor would have been more better.