News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Bonnaroo Bitchfest

Started by postjack, February 09, 2010, 10:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

Buffalo Budd

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Almost every person I've seen complain about Bonnaroo was mis-informed or had insane expectations.

'Roo brings a damn good lineup every year and is amazingly executed for the most part.

Buffalo Budd

I have never been to Bonaroo and would not bitch any more about it than any fest.  My days of hitting fests are over as I find it just too exhausting trying to travel form stage to stage all day.  I like my day for relaxing as I get ready to rage the evening away.  The last couple of fests I went to in 2006-07, I was disappointed in myself for missing acts just due to pure exhaustion.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mattstick on February 15, 2011, 11:49:20 AM
Almost every person I've seen complain about Bonnaroo was mis-informed or had insane expectations.

'Roo brings a damn good lineup every year and is amazingly executed for the most part.

The only downside of 'roo for me was the year they put us as far away as that place gets for camping. It was brutal... but they've added shuttles from those far out spots in recent years.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

McGrupp

And dorothy mantooth bakes a damn good cake.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mattstick

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 15, 2011, 11:55:04 AM

The only downside of 'roo for me was the year they put us as far away as that place gets for camping. It was brutal... but they've added shuttles from those far out spots in recent years.

It happened to me once too - although I couldn't tell you which year, I still had a good time - I just planned around the giant walk.

That's another reason VIP is worth the money.

whyweigh5.0

ALLnotGOOD fucking blows.  They can get some good bands but everything else is shitty about that place.  The way they run things and tread people is deplorable.  All walther cares about is green paper.  It's more ghetto each year and each year the staff gets worse and worse.  I know its volunteer work, but you have to make sure you are picking the right volunteers.  Not 15yo kids who are too scrared/dumb/careless to do their jobs.

The last time I went to AllGood I saw prostitution, dope peddling going on about 20ft from my RV.  I was offered some dude girlfriend in trade for smack at one point.  Oh, and not to forget the dude who was pistolwhipped and stabbed.  And from what I hear, if you have a good head on your shoulders you are basically too scared to even go up on top of the hill now (that are is basically 100% run by the nitrous mafia now).

but yeah... allgood rules :roll:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

phil

Quote from: whyweigh5.0 on February 15, 2011, 12:47:45 PM
ALLnotGOOD fucking blows.  They can get some good bands but everything else is shitty about that place.  The way they run things and tread people is deplorable.  All walther cares about is green paper.  It's more ghetto each year and each year the staff gets worse and worse.  I know its volunteer work, but you have to make sure you are picking the right volunteers.  Not 15yo kids who are too scrared/dumb/careless to do their jobs.

The last time I went to AllGood I saw prostitution, dope peddling going on about 20ft from my RV.  I was offered some dude girlfriend in trade for smack at one point.  Oh, and not to forget the dude who was pistolwhipped and stabbed.  And from what I hear, if you have a good head on your shoulders you are basically too scared to even go up on top of the hill now (that are is basically 100% run by the nitrous mafia now).

but yeah... allgood rules :roll:

I've gone to Allgood three out of the last four years and have never experienced any of that.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

McGrupp

I believe you mean All Hood.

Yeah it's been declining in recent years...I heard there was a cop presence last year though and it was a bit cleaner that it was the year before... Not that that makes it any better...

The lineup last year looked awesome, but I didn't go. I'm considering working (not volunteering) for the production company that puts it on this summer so if I can get a free ticket AND get paid to be there, I might go... depends on the lineup I guess.

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

whyweigh5.0

I don't want to go to a festival where I have to worry about padlocking my tent every time I go find a portajon

sure if you go and camp real close to the stage and only walk to and from stage/campsite the whole weekend you wont see a lot of the shadyness.  but i am not paying money for that
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

McGrupp

Quote from: whyweigh5.0 on February 15, 2011, 01:02:35 PM
I don't want to go to a festival where I have to worry about padlocking my tent every time I go find a portajon

sure if you go and camp real close to the stage and only walk to and from stage/campsite the whole weekend you wont see a lot of the shadyness.  but i am not paying money for that

Good point - I was actually thinking about bringing a lock box this year...

phil

Quote from: McGrupp on February 15, 2011, 12:54:54 PM
I believe you mean All Hood.

Yeah it's been declining in recent years...I heard there was a cop presence last year though and it was a bit cleaner that it was the year before... Not that that makes it any better...

The lineup last year looked awesome, but I didn't go. I'm considering working (not volunteering) for the production company that puts it on this summer so if I can get a free ticket AND get paid to be there, I might go... depends on the lineup I guess.

The lineup this year is looking pretty f-ing solid. I may just save my $$ for Phish but then again, I could probably con my dad into buying me Even Better passes as a graduation present. And then my weekend would be (nearly) grunge-free.
Quote from: McGrupp on February 15, 2011, 01:26:33 PM
Quote from: whyweigh5.0 on February 15, 2011, 01:02:35 PM

Good point - I was actually thinking about bringing a lock box this year...

I've sprained my ankle, broken my camera, lost (and subsequently found) my wallet, and been pummeled by torrential downpours at Allgoods in the past, but never have I had anything stolen. Just park your car in circle cove, lock anything important in there, and if you have anything truly valuable just don't bring it.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

antelope19

My Philosophy at any festival: Don't leave anything in your tent that you would be really upset about losing.  I hate that I have to think that way, but that's just the way it is.  When I go off for the day to explore/see the show, I generally only leave a pillow, sleeping pad, and sleeping bag. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

WhatstheUse?

Bonnaroo 2009 was easily the worst festival I've attended and this years lineup blows.

Eminem, Arcade Fire, WSP, LOL.
Bring in the dude!