News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Bonnaroo Bitchfest

Started by postjack, February 09, 2010, 10:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

::bans mcgrupp and self from all roo threads::  :tte:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

McGrupp

Ser. I think I'm gonna take RJ's advice and "GTFO"  :laugh:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

kellerb

Bonaroo tried to touch my penis when I was 8.

McGrupp

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

blatboom

redrum

::unbans self::

keller ftw

::maybe bans self again::
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

McGrupp

I'm just glad I have a more appropriate place now to voice my reasonable opinions of this festival ...  :police:

edit to add: "Bitchfest" works too, though  :laugh:

rowjimmy

Every thread here that mentions Bonnaroo descends into the same old BS which makes it difficult for the people who wish to discuss the actual lineup or plans to attend.

McGrupp

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 09, 2010, 11:47:30 AM
Every thread here that mentions Bonnaroo descends into the same old BS which makes it difficult for the people who wish to discuss the actual lineup or plans to attend.

I understand, I'm just giving you a hard time.

Speaking of inconveniences though, man that lineup announcement...that's just inconvenient...

::please don't ban me::

rowjimmy

Agreed. This non-announcement is their stupidest move ever.
(aside from all those DMB & WSP bookings.)

Hicks

Every big rockfest is a pain in the ass, if you love you music enough you suck it up and deal with it.

So what else is new?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

McGrupp

I guess my thing with Bonnaroo last year (the only year I went) was that I only went for phish. There were a few other bands on the lineup that I looked forward to seeing (Snoop, Galactic, Wilco, Toubab Krewe) but for the most part I got the vibe that the fest was going really "indie" (TV on the Radio, Mars Volta, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, MGMT, of montreal, Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear) - That type of music isn't bad, its just really not my thing.

This band passion pit I saw was terrible though. I didn't understand how people considered it music. And all the little indie-hipster kids were eating it up.

Like I said, that was my first year at bonnaroo so this may be unjustified but, I think it's changed a lot. Looking at the lineups from 02, 03 - I dunno, I think I would have much rather wanted to "suck it up" and deal with any sort of hardships with lineups like they used to have.

PIE-GUY

For 'roo to continue to be a relevant fest it has to attract 20-somethings consistently. That is what they do best. In 2002 20-somethings were into jambands. In 2009 they were into indie bands. 2010 promises to be more of the same. I can't fault 'roo for that.

I saw Passion Pit last year, too. I was not impressed, but they had the kids dancing like Phish used to! 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

McGrupp

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 09, 2010, 12:35:36 PM
For 'roo to continue to be a relevant fest it has to attract 20-somethings consistently. That is what they do best. In 2002 20-somethings were into jambands. In 2009 they were into indie bands. 2010 promises to be more of the same. I can't fault 'roo for that.

I saw Passion Pit last year, too. I was not impressed, but they had the kids dancing like Phish used to!

You're totally right, and I didn't really think about it like that (The 20-somethings thing). Oh well, I guess roo just isn't my festival

mattstick

Despite a large number of "Indie" rock acts you could hit up Bonnaroo and not see a single "Indie" band.

There are so many ways to spend your day, so much different music to see - if you would try and see 10 or more of the bands in the lineup, it's worth going.