News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Phone it in Friday" @ work

Started by mattstick, April 23, 2010, 09:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

My new office area has like 60 people in it, 30 are at a picnic, 20 are on vacation and 8 guys seem to be doing a fantasy football draft right now...

VDB

Quote from: mattstick on August 11, 2017, 11:54:08 AM

I've read the entire internet, gone shopping at bulk barn, scratched records at Google.com and strategized on how to make some dank infused coconut oil and it's only noon... help me out here kids.

Want to learn about the ampersand and other typographic symbols? This should eat up a few minutes at least.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Fucking off on twitter, working my way through a Baker's Dozen relisten on LP, and trying to avoid work...

Not working, tho.

mattstick

Things are getting weird in my headphones with the last disc of the Miles @ Newport boxset

"It's About That Time" - 13:21
"Bitches Brew" - 11:55
"Funky Tonk" - 25:43
"Sanctuary (Reprise)" (Shorter) - 1:15
Recorded October 22, 1971 at the Newport Jazz Festival in Europe, Neue Stadthalle, Dietikon, Switzerland

Miles Davis – electric trumpet
Gary Bartz – soprano saxophone, alto saxophone
Keith Jarrett – electric piano, organ
Michael Henderson – electric bass
Leon "Ndugu" Chancler – drums
Don Alias – percussion
James Mtume Foreman – percussio

ph92

I'm living on the edge. My boss is facing the other way while I phone it in on the paug right now.

Listening to Stereolab to keep the mood chill.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mattstick

Sticking with the 1970-era Miles I've moved into The Cellar Door Sessions 1970.  The music was so good I actually did like 20 minutes of work by accident.

runawayjimbo

Ring ring, bitchez

My boss is in Tokyo so I've been phoning it in all week, but today I'm taking that shit to a new level. VDB's ampersand link should kick things off nicely. Any other fascinating and mindless shit out there, holla.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

pcr3

This place is a wasteland today.  I just spent the last 2 hours doing some fantasy football research and oh, hey, it's noon.  Time to go grab some lunch and perhaps...drinks?
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

runawayjimbo

Quote from: pcr3 on August 25, 2017, 12:01:47 PM
This place is a wasteland today.  I just spent the last 2 hours doing some fantasy football research and oh, hey, it's noon.  Time to go grab some lunch and perhaps...drinks?

Trillium, I presume?
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

pcr3

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 25, 2017, 12:16:24 PM

Trillium, I presume?

Ha no.  If I was "working from home", then yes, for sure.  Which reminds me...I should probably send you some soon...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

ph92

My life today... so bored.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mattstick

Just busted out of a 2hr budget meeting.  These people are not familiar with "Phone it in Friday" wtf

Buffalo Budd

Had no idea where else to put this but it had me in stitches.

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

You'd better believe I'm phoning it in big time today.
Started the day off with rum in the coffee, knocking off at 2:00 and straight to the bar for oysters and beers with the gang.
:beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

khalpin

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 22, 2017, 09:48:56 AM
You'd better believe I'm phoning it in big time today.
Started the day off with rum in the coffee, knocking off at 2:00 and straight to the bar for oysters and beers with the gang.
:beers:
THAT is how it's done!