News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Metal Thread

Started by Gumbo72203, November 06, 2012, 11:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

From King Gizzards new thrash-metal album "Infest The Rats' Nest".

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

mbw

anthrax

^^ I was coming in here to post this!!

anthrax

www.livexlive.com has metal night from rock in Rio right now...sepultura,  anthrax, Helloween, slayer, maiden.  Bout to need a new couch!  :beerbang:

khalpin

Quote from: anthrax on October 04, 2019, 06:06:08 PM
www.livexlive.com has metal night from rock in Rio right now...sepultura,  anthrax, Helloween, slayer, maiden.  Bout to need a new couch!  :beerbang:

Post of the day!!! Thanks man!   :rawk:

anthrax

Quote from: khalpin on October 04, 2019, 06:58:15 PM
Quote from: anthrax on October 04, 2019, 06:06:08 PM

Post of the day!!! Thanks man!   :rawk:
:beerbang: :beers:

mistercharlie

So Saturday night we went to see our friend from high school play in his new band, Pillars (they're post-rock instrumental metal), at a metal themed brewery called Black Circle. I asked the bartender for one of their brewery stickers for my beer sticker cabinet and he gave me these two awesome stickers! I forgot about the stickers until my wife pulled them out of her purse this morning.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

Rodrigo y Gabriela shared a cover of Metallica's "Battery." The song appears on the guitar duo's upcoming covers EP, Mettal, which ATO Records will issue on Record Store Day Black Friday.  In addition to "Battery," which appeared on Master Of Puppets in 1986, Mettal features covers of Megadeth's "Holy War" and Slayer's "Seasons In The Abyss."

ytowndan

Man, that was awesome, thanks for sharing!  I had no idea this was a thing.  Looking forward to hearing the other tracks.  :beerbang:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

jam>

I saw Tool tonight. I didn't know any of their music going in. Great show! Kind of like a heavier Rush.

mistercharlie

Quote from: jam> on November 19, 2019, 11:05:40 PM
I saw Tool tonight. I didn't know any of their music going in. Great show! Kind of like a heavier Rush.

This tour has had some amazing shows! As a fist time TOOL seer I bet you were blown away by the visual aesthetic they have going on for this tour.

jam>

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 20, 2019, 05:33:59 AM
Quote from: jam> on November 19, 2019, 11:05:40 PM

This tour has had some amazing shows! As a fist time TOOL seer I bet you were blown away by the visual aesthetic they have going on for this tour.

Visual aesthetic was great. Immersive, but all really tasteful. They aren't putting on a show by jumping all around on stage – it was all about the music (and yes a crazy cool stage design).

anthrax

Quote from: khalpin on November 19, 2019, 09:48:18 PM

Rodrigo y Gabriela shared a cover of Metallica's "Battery." The song appears on the guitar duo's upcoming covers EP, Mettal, which ATO Records will issue on Record Store Day Black Friday.  In addition to "Battery," which appeared on Master Of Puppets in 1986, Mettal features covers of Megadeth's "Holy War" and Slayer's "Seasons In The Abyss."

excellent...i was not aware of this ep coming out.  thanks for posting!

Gumbo72203

I'm seeing Suffocation and Belphegor tonight.  Suffocation for the......  6th time?  7th?  I don't even know anymore.  Never thought I'd see Belphegor!!!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again