News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Junta Longbox

Started by mistercharlie, November 24, 2009, 03:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

I'd heard of this before but not seen it. When Junta came out on CD it was when cd's came in bigger boxes and Junta had additional artwok on said longbox. I finally found a picture of it.

But it's not very good, Anybody have better pictures of the artwork on this?

this one's a little better, but I couldn't link the pic.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QMfoNwQSdn4/SNJzA1KBH7I/AAAAAAAABNA/vX29mTNZPEs/s1600/junta_longbox.jpg
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Damn, that's awesome.

It's even got the Alpine Valley "eye" dude.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sunrisevt

Shit, I remember that--but mine's long gone.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Hicks

LOL, looks like eliwhitney314 is ISO one. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

i definitely had this, but I ripped it open to get the cd out. That's what I always did. I bought Junta the day it was release by Electra
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sunrisevt

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 24, 2009, 03:56:12 PM
i definitely had this, but I ripped it open to get the cd out. That's what I always did. I bought Junta the day it was released by Electra

Yup.  :beers:
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

rowjimmy

I kept all of my longboxes for ages.
Recycled them years ago though...

jedifunk

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 24, 2009, 04:28:24 PM
I kept all of my longboxes for ages.
Recycled them years ago though...
:lol:
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Caravan2001

yeah, I ditched the long box, but I've still got the fridge magnets....

EliWhitney LOL....

mistercharlie

Quote from: caravan2001 on November 24, 2009, 07:55:24 PM

EliWhitney LOL....

So he invented the cotten gin and an immortality machine?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

nab

Quote from: Mistercharlie on November 24, 2009, 08:00:31 PM
Quote from: caravan2001 on November 24, 2009, 07:55:24 PM

EliWhitney LOL....

So he invented the cotten gin and an immortality machine?

Your membership postdates Eliwhiney's?  Wow those live setlist threads have been kind to your post count haven't they. :lol:

Kid in the Corner

!wow!  the junta longbox!  i forgot about this (it hung on my bedroom wall for the last couple years of high school).  I used to save my longboxes too.  When I bought a new cd, I would carefully slice the box open with a razor and always kept the longboxes in good condition.