News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Have you heard about...? (Politics edition)

Started by VDB, November 30, 2010, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 12, 2012, 11:34:49 AM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 12, 2012, 11:28:35 AM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 12, 2012, 11:25:13 AM
marines piss on dead Afghans.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/12/us/video-marines-urinating/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

keep it classy, 'best and brightest.'    :roll:

It's their own fault, really. If only they didn't hate us for our freedoms so much.

true.  too bad they didn't convert to pro-life christians like these good 'murican boys.

I'm still baffled by why people hate America...USA! USA! USA!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

birdman

If someone was trying to kill me and I killed them first, I would have no qualms about pissing all over them.

Honestly, whats worse, them pissing on bodies or the fact that they just filled their once living bodies with lead?

Im sure this stuff happens daily over there. They should just have kept it to themselves.
Paug FTMFW!

qop24

Quote from:  Douchebag #1
It's golden...like a shower!

:shakehead:
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

rowjimmy

Quote from: birdman on January 12, 2012, 01:12:05 PM
Honestly, whats worse, them pissing on bodies or the fact that they just filled their once living bodies with lead?

My first thoughts ran along this vein.

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 12, 2012, 01:54:48 PM

right.  both a damn shame.

Hicks

If someone was trying to kill me and I killed them first, I would have no qualms about pissing all over them.

Im sure this stuff happens daily over there. They should just have kept it to themselves.

Are you suggesting that civilians sitting on their asses over here can't understand the environment of a war several thousands miles away?

Mind = bl0wn. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

speaking of mind blowing, facebook just recommended i follow Hugh Romney.

who is Hugh Romney?

Wavy Gravy.

gah

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 12, 2012, 01:57:52 PM

I'm going to go with pissing on them. You already killed them, justified or not, that deed is done. It's war, people will kill and be killed. But to take it a step further and piss on them shows you've lost all sense of your moral compass and respect for one another as humans.

Hicks

Quote from: goodabouthood on January 12, 2012, 02:08:17 PM

I'm going to go with pissing on them. You already killed them, justified or not, that deed is done. It's war, people will kill and be killed. But to take it a step further and piss on them shows you've lost all sense of your moral compass and respect for one another as humans.

Something about war and hell.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

birdman

Respect for humans and war do not go hand in hand.  When you put men into the field to kill other men bad things are going to happen.  We've had more than enough evidence of these things happening throughout the last century, hell,  throughout history. War is not pretty and sadly events like these will not stop happening as long as there is war.
Paug FTMFW!

runawayjimbo

Quote from: birdman on January 12, 2012, 02:21:26 PM

Respect for humans and war do not go hand in hand.  When you put men into the field to kill other men bad things are going to happen.  We've had more than enough evidence of these things happening throughout the last century, hell,  throughout history. War is not pretty and sadly events like these will not stop happening as long as there is war.

Absolutely, but killing someone in war can be considered an act of self defense, pissing on their bodies afterward is nothing more than a despicable victory lap. I don't (completely) begrudge the soldiers because their minds have been altered by living in conditions that no one should ever have to endure. Still, it is symbolic of the arrogance of the American military and further fuels the attitudes believed by much of the Middle East that Americans are evil.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

Killing a human being is something that, imo, requires a derangement of self or dehumanization of the target to achieve.

I have not done this and hope never to have the need.

But I expect that, for many soldiers, these two techniques are the ones employed.

kellerb

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 12, 2012, 02:06:13 PM
speaking of mind blowing, facebook just recommended i follow Hugh Romney.

who is Hugh Romney?

Wavy Gravy.

Yeah, they suggested I follow him a couple months ago.  Then 2 days later they suggested I follow a girl who's been dead for 3 years.  Their suggestion skills haven't really improved overall

gah

Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 12, 2012, 02:28:57 PM
Quote from: birdman on January 12, 2012, 02:21:26 PM

Absolutely, but killing someone in war can be considered an act of self defense, pissing on their bodies afterward is nothing more than a despicable victory lap. I don't (completely) begrudge the soldiers because their minds have been altered by living in conditions that no one should ever have to endure. Still, it is symbolic of the arrogance of the American military and further fuels the attitudes believed by much of the Middle East that Americans are evil.

Agreed with both of your points bm and rjb. As for fueling those attitudes, I'd extend it to the entire non-Western world, not just the Middle East. And with the advancement of technology and basically a better educated public, the rest of the world is catching on real quick to how we've (with friends) fucked them over for the last 500 years. I won't go as extreme to say that America's arrogance will lead to it's downfall, but it certainly will/is lead(ing) to it's drop in global standing. But I digress. USA! USA! USA!

twatts

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 12, 2012, 02:32:26 PM
dehumanization

We de-human-ize ourselves everyday, when we disbelieve that a bad thing could happen to us, or that we deserve a good thing, or when we get angry at a random person on the highway and yell at them.  A full one-half of our country has de-human-ize a certain segment of the human population because of false perceptions about race and religion.

The problem (for some) is re-human-izing after the incident (comprehension, remorse, empathy), and the biggest hurdle stopping us there is the (incorrect) perception that each person (individually) is perfect (ego) and the fact the admitting responsibility for an action opens yourself to liability.  It has become easier to ignore your own sense of guilt and accusations, than it is to apologize and sympathize.

In otherwords, its easier to piss on someone and then make an excuse that they are taliban or filled with lead, than it is to understand "degradation and humiliation". 

Terry

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill