News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016 Olympics

Started by pcr3, August 08, 2016, 12:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

I can't be the only one here watching the Games. My wife is an Olympics junkie and a school teacher on summer break, so it is always on when we're home.

Tonight, men's 4x100 freestyle relay was amazing. Phelps's turn at the halfway mark was unreal and won the race. Also, US women's gymnastics was great. Poor Gabby Douglass doesn't get to defend her all-around gold from 2012 despite finishing 3rd overall in the qualifiers.  :cry:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

VDB

I've been watching. We always get into the games when they come around.

Seems like bullshit to me that a country can only send two gymnasts to the all-around competition. What if your country legit has the three top gymnasts in the field? You should have the chance to sweep.
Is this still Wombat?

birdman

My favorite sport so far has been women's rugby sevens.  :sbw:
Man,  those girls are beasts.
Paug FTMFW!

mattstick

Quote from: birdman on August 08, 2016, 05:37:41 AM
My favorite sport so far has been women's rugby sevens.  :sbw:
Man,  those girls are beasts.

#9 for Canada Ghislaine Landry is the sister-in-law of one of my close friends. Go Canada!

susep

Quote from: pcr3 on August 08, 2016, 12:30:35 AM
I can't be the only one here watching the Games.

surely not.  we've been tuning in as well.  nice start hitherto. 

mehead

Women's beach volleyball.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

susep

the women's cycling was epic.  A Dutch rider passed an American for the lead but went end over end landing hard on her back.  It appeared the American was going to win however 3 European cyclists caught her at the end w/ the 2012 Dutch rider winning.  'twas an epic race!  the course looked amazing up and down through the suburban hills and rainforests of Rio. 

Bobafett

I didn't see the women's road racing but the men's was very exciting.  Course looked brutal and fun.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

tet

Quote from: Bobafett on August 08, 2016, 03:52:00 PM
I didn't see the women's road racing but the men's was very exciting.  Course looked brutal and fun.

quite a few people looked close to being killed on those downhill portions - what a crazy course!  can't believe that woman is going to survive after that impact yesterday, that looked really really bad.  she wasn't even moving when the chaser behind passed her 40 seconds later.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

Quote from: tet on August 08, 2016, 05:36:26 PM
Quote from: Bobafett on August 08, 2016, 03:52:00 PM

quite a few people looked close to being killed on those downhill portions - what a crazy course!  can't believe that woman is going to survive after that impact yesterday, that looked really really bad.  she wasn't even moving when the chaser behind passed her 40 seconds later.

Three spine fractures.
That shit is fucked.
She's really lucky that they expect a full recovery.

VDB

I really hope Phelps destroys Chad Le Clos in the 200M fly final.
Is this still Wombat?