News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-07-20 The Gorge, George, WA

Started by anthrax, July 21, 2018, 02:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: anthrax on July 21, 2018, 01:45:51 PM
how's the kitchen?

Smells like hell, The sink was a disaster, and there were clothes strewn all about. But on the plus side, I got to sleep diagonal in my bed!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

birdman

I thoroughly enjoyed every note of last nights show.  I am in love with this venue. Posted up about twenty feet in front of the SBD, eye level with trey,  and just let the whole thing wash over me. A perfect night from my perspective.
  On a different note, I nearly had a violent encounter with the nitrous mafia. They didn't like it when I seemed upset over the fact that three of them were hurriedly trying to stuff a backpack into my tent. With my wife in it. I was ready to kill someone and one of them seemed willing to oblige me the chance. Luckily one of their guys managed to call his boy off and diffuse the situation. I was WAY too spun to be in that mindset.

So yeah, it was a schizophrenic evening.

Psyched for today.
Paug FTMFW!

rowjimmy

Quote from: birdman on July 21, 2018, 02:07:07 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed every note of last nights show.  I am in love with this venue. Posted up about twenty feet in front of the SBD, eye level with trey,  and just let the whole thing wash over me. A perfect night from my perspective.
  On a different note, I nearly had a violent encounter with the nitrous mafia. They didn't like it when I seemed upset over the fact that three of them were hurriedly trying to stuff a backpack into my tent. With my wife in it. I was ready to kill someone and one of them seemed willing to oblige me the chance. Luckily one of their guys managed to call his boy off and diffuse the situation. I was WAY too spun to be in that mindset.

Psyched for today.

Glad the show was great.
That's a fucked up situation with the nitrobros.
Glad you didn't have to kill him. Might've ruined the weekend.

anthrax

sorry to hear.  that's not the vibe you want being out there in that beautiful venue.

that shits not supposed to happen in gold camping.

you probably should have killed'em.

rowjimmy

If only there was a nearby cliff to toss them over.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on July 21, 2018, 02:43:10 PM
that shits not supposed to happen in gold camping

This is the biggest issue here. Gold is the most expensive camping option yet... they just funnel all the day parking directly through it both pre and post show meaning literally anyone and everyone can get into that area. It seemed pretty messed up to me honestly. Shit was ser sketchy after the show last night.... to the point where I was getting legitimately concerned for my safety and/or my belongings being stolen.  Not cool.
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 21, 2018, 03:56:05 PM

This is the biggest issue here. Gold is the most expensive camping option yet... they just funnel all the day parking directly through it both pre and post show meaning literally anyone and everyone can get into that area. It seemed pretty messed up to me honestly. Shit was ser sketchy after the show last night.... to the point where I was getting legitimately concerned for my safety and/or my belongings being stolen.  Not cool.

That bites Wen.  Yeah, pretty sure I parked in Gold last night for day parking. Or right at the tape.  It was a free for all last night leaving, people were setting up their tents everywhere over there. I'll look for you guys tonight when I park there lol.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

birdman

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 21, 2018, 04:11:21 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 21, 2018, 03:56:05 PM

That bites Wen.  Yeah, pretty sure I parked in Gold last night for day parking. Or right at the tape.  It was a free for all last night leaving, people were setting up their tents everywhere over there. I'll look for you guys tonight when I park there lol.
you'll walk right by both ours and heaths vehicles on the way in. We are real close to the entrance. Crossroads between poles p11 and p7
Paug FTMFW!

Caravan2001

Cool. I was at P18 last night. I will look out for the Dolphin tonight!

Hicks

Last night was pretty sweet, loved Simple and CDT and Ya Mar had an extended Mike solo that delivered. 

That sucks about getting hassled by wook gangsters. 

Unfortunately the staffing at the venue just keeps getting worse and worse. We got caught in a major cluster in the campground and staff was so clueless that eventually the fans had to take matters into their own hands and start directing traffic themselves! Completely ridiculous. Anyway, made it in before the show started so it worked out. 

Stoked for tonight! 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

I definitely saw Wen and Kels on the stream repeatedly until the sun went down. Pretty hilarious to see you puffing during "Set Your Soul Free"  :sbw: :sbw: :sbw:

Miss you kids! Glad you're hanging with Heath & Co.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 21, 2018, 06:19:04 PM
I definitely saw Wen and Kels on the stream repeatedly until the sun went down. Pretty hilarious to see you puffing during "Set Your Soul Free"  :sbw: :sbw: :sbw:

Miss you kids! Glad you're hanging with Heath & Co.

Soooooofa king great!!!!!!
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: birdman on July 21, 2018, 02:07:07 PM

Psyched for today.

That's heavy bud, glad you didn't lose it on them.
Hope it doesn't tarnish the weekend.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.