News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Sopranos- The Last Season

Started by ucusty, April 08, 2007, 01:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ucusty

Getting ready to order hbo today!   Cant wait for The Sopranos + Entourage Premeirs

mattstick

emay

I haven't seen much of the sopranos, but I have been watching some episodes that show up on wed. night at 9. I really like the show.

I really like Curb Your Enthusiasm. I usaully rent the dvds from the library for free! Love that show.

Red Sea Pedestrian

Quote from: ucusty on April 08, 2007, 01:25:03 PM
Getting ready to order hbo today!   Cant wait for The Sopranos + Entourage Premeirs

It might take another month until we get the second part of the last season over here, but I can wait. I was really disappointed by every episode after the first of the sixth season so far. Carmela's trip to Paris was one of the most boring plot threads in any medium, ever. What a complete waste of fucking time that was. And nothing really important happened at all during the sixth season. I'll watch the last episodes just because I've invested too much time into this show to not see it through, but I've really lost most my interest in it.

thechad

1st episode last night was alright, the drunken brawl was the best part of it.  Liked it also because most of it took place up in my neck of the woods.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

tet

good episode, i liked the brawl too.  i had a strange feeling those golf clubs would have come in handier than they did, though... hehe

sad to see this series wind down i suppose, but they seem to be doing it well.  unlike many others, i enjoyed last season a lot.  i think there was a LOT of character development and high tension created by everything that went on. 

just saw this, thought it applies to this thread as well:
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/60409
Quote10 Million Fans Killed Off In Sopranos Season Premiere
April 9, 2007 | Issue 43•15

NEW YORK—The writers of the HBO series The Sopranos took another daring storytelling step by killing off 10 million fans during the seventh season's premiere episode Sunday night.

"This was definitely a bold choice, one that producers of the show would have never thought of making five years ago," said New York Times television critic Virginia Heffernan, who noted that the move was hinted at in a season-five episode in which Tony dreamt he was riding a horse through his house. "But now that I look back, this was strongly foreshadowed throughout all of last season."

Industry insiders predicted that the show's producers would try to bring at least some fans back for the series finale, which may come as early as May.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

susep

Quote from: tet on April 09, 2007, 07:03:27 PM
good episode, i liked the brawl too.  i had a strange feeling those golf clubs would have come in handier than they did, though... hehe

I thought Tony was going to make a run for the automatic machine gun Bobby gave him :-o
Bobby was an idiot in saying how he was scared of DNA linked evidence and there he was leaving behind hallowed point bullets and dropping his own piece. :roll:

Caravan2001

it was a good episode....I'll be sad to see it end.  My wife and I have not had TV for the last  6 months, but got cable last week for the Sopranos,,,, :samurai:

ucusty

Quote from: susep73 on April 09, 2007, 07:35:51 PM
I thought Tony was going to make a run for the automatic machine gun Bobby gave him :-o
Bobby was an idiot in saying how he was scared of DNA linked evidence and there he was leaving behind hallowed point bullets and dropping his own piece. :roll:

not to mention the guy he wacked ripped his shirt off, im sure there is some dna on that...

tet

ya, Bobby is gonna get pinched for sure...  too many mistakes!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

thechad

That and the whole thing about it being is 1st, crash and burn.   :samurai:
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

susep

Pauli was lucky he didn't end up as Marlin chum.

edit

I thought it was interesting how the writers focused on a struggling Asian student at Jr's rehab place in light of last week's shooting.  Obviously they had no idea about Cho but interesting similarity nonetheless.

newplanet7

Yeah pauli is getting a bit out of control :banana:
I was waiting for those Cubans to put a hurting on them two.
The writers must be going with more plot less gratuitous violence.
It's been working thus far. Gets you thinking and keeps you guessing.
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

cactusfan

i just watched the three episodes.

really liked the opener. the calm before the storm. out on that peaceful lake, but so ominous throughout.
did you notice the little girl talking about ducks? a little connection to the very first episode with tony seeing the ducks in his pool. will he die in his pool?

doesn't look good for bobby or christopher. and paulie is certainly a loose cannon at this point. i wonder just how he's going to fuck up?

i like the way these episodes are so focused on the past. the old photos, paulie talking about the old times. seems like everyone is talking only about the past. tony's dropped gun, which doesn't nail him-- yet. then the unburied body from 25 years ago-- which again, doesn't nail him. what from his past IS going to fuck him?

ucusty

I thought paulie was going down...