News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd 1 - Reba - (1) 05-16-95 vs. (4) 02-20-93

Started by runawayjimbo, July 15, 2012, 11:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Round #1 - Reba Bracket

(1) 05-16-1995 - Lowell Memorial Auditorium - Lowell, MA

vs.

(4) 02-20-1993 - Roxy Theatre - Atlanta, GA

POLL CLOSE: Tuesday, 7/24, 10pm EST
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

susep

Lowell although I love my Roxy SBD cass version. 

phil

That Atlanta Reba is absolutely nasty. I've always thought this was one of the best. Super funky.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

VDB

The Roxy Reba is very good. Fiery and intense in ways we haven't heard in years.

The Lowell version breaks the mold a little at around 8:00, and nicely. Thereafter it's by turns creative, jazzy, dissonant and aggressive, all while weaving in and out of a more "proper" Reba jam.

I'll vote Lowell. Though I'm a little astounded that the 7/6/94 version didn't even make the cut. Probably my own all-time favorite. A stupefyingly gorgeous, original version.
Is this still Wombat?

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Hicks

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on July 17, 2012, 10:22:30 AM
The Roxy Reba is very good. Fiery and intense in ways we haven't heard in years.

The Lowell version breaks the mold a little at around 8:00, and nicely. Thereafter it's by turns creative, jazzy, dissonant and aggressive, all while weaving in and out of a more "proper" Reba jam.

I'll vote Lowell. Though I'm a little astounded that the 7/6/94 version didn't even make the cut. Probably my own all-time favorite. A stupefyingly gorgeous, original version.

Montreal 94 made my list over the two versions in this match up.

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

birdman

Lowell gets my vote. It's been my favorite Reba ever since I left the show that night.
Paug FTMFW!

runawayjimbo

Montreal, Clifford Ball, and Roxy were all tied for the 4th spot, but Roxy was the only one on my list so it won the tiebreaker.

ETA: turns out your vote didn't matter, Hicks :wink:

Hicks

They played Reba at the Clifford Ball?

Ok then.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ytowndan

Not trying to hate on the Roxy version by any means, but the Lowell version is the quintessential embodiment of Reba.  Easy vote for me.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

gainesvillegreen

Ironically, listening to the Lowell version right now (some FTA) when I found this thread  :mrgreen:

Both are top 20 Reba's.

Neither are top 10.

Voted Lowell, but I would have rather been at the Atlanta show. If that makes sense....
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

birdman

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on July 19, 2012, 01:14:33 AM

Neither are top 10.

Voted Lowell, but I would have rather been at the Atlanta show. If that makes sense...
Nothing in your post makes sense. I have never read something so inaccurate in my life.
Paug FTMFW!

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: birdman on July 19, 2012, 08:59:05 AM
Quote from: gainesvillegreen on July 19, 2012, 01:14:33 AM

Neither are top 10.

Voted Lowell, but I would have rather been at the Atlanta show. If that makes sense...
Nothing in your post makes sense. I have never read something so inaccurate in my life.

:laugh:
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

runawayjimbo

Superfreakie

Quote from: Hicks on July 17, 2012, 03:14:47 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on July 17, 2012, 10:22:30 AM

Montreal 94 made my list over the two versions in this match up.

My two favorite Phish songs with "slow to peak" jams are Hood and Reba......and Montreal, among its other great lilts, had top flight versions of each. Its Reba might be a top fiver.       
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.