News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Chris Cornell

Started by mistercharlie, May 18, 2017, 05:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

He passed away at 52 after a show in Detroit last night.  :cry:

This makes me really upset that I didn't get out and see Soundgarden just last Wednesday.  :shakehead:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 18, 2017, 05:58:15 AM
He passed away at 52 after a show in Detroit last night.  :cry:

A buddy went to the show last night at the Fox Theatre in Rock City.  Wished him a good show.  Woke up to the news.  Couldn't believe it.  RIP CC. 

mopper_smurf

Fuck. The best singer from the grunge era.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

That's a bit of a shock. I was never a huge Soundgarden guy but I remember when my wife and I were dating, she had Superunknown playing all the time in the car. I leaned more towards Pearl Jam and Nirvana in the grunge days.
RIP, way too young.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mbw

rowjimmy

Couple things:
Soundgarden was amazing when I saw them 25 years ago. Absolutely amazing.
Legitimate heirs to Sabbath or LZ at the time. Maybe it didn't pan out quite like that but it sure seemed reasonable at the time.
Chris Cornell could sing like a motherfucker.

mbw

Looking like he killed himself.   :shakehead:

PIE-GUY

1992 in London. Soundgarden was opening for GnR. Chris was eating soup. He did not want to chat.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

antelope19

Damn....this really sucks.

RIP
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

emay

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 18, 2017, 09:08:18 AM
1992 in London. Soundgarden was opening for GnR. Chris was eating soup. He did not want to chat.

Sweet pic!
Haven't listened to too much Soundgarden. I remember Audioslave coming up when I was in high school. I listened to them but never got too into them like I did RATM or other bands during that era. I enjoy his stuff from temple of the dog as well.

RIP

Hicks

Wait, what?!!

Soundgarden were my very first all ages show on the Badmotorfinger tour when I was 15. 

Saw them with Nine Inch Nails a couple summers ago and his vocals still sounded great. 

Damn this sucks, RIP. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mehead

They were just down here 2 weeks ago.  Due to a family medical situation out of state, I wasn't able to go.  Waaaaayyyyy too young.

RIP Chris
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sls.stormyrider

another one gone too soon
RIP
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mehead

More deets coming out.  Being investigated as a suicide.  Their last song last night was Zep's "In My Time of Dying." 

Ugh.  :cry:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

KEXP is paying tribute to him all day.
http://kexp.org

The last song was Slaves and Bulldozers. During the break in the song, he sang some of In My Time Of Dying (much like he does with the Pearl Jam song in the Slaves that I posted above).
Not that that makes it any better...
Especially now that we know how he died.