News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

^^Awesome...the poster is killer!!

mistercharlie

Quote from: anthrax on April 13, 2019, 06:19:58 PM
^^Awesome...the poster is killer!!

It really is. It's gonna end up being the first RSD poster that I frame and hang in the Batcave.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Yeah bummed my spot didn't have any posters. 

But I got the Spustra from a couple years back which is pretty sweet. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Despite having family stuff going on and not getting to the store until 1:30, I ended up with a decent haul:

JGB @ the Eel (thanks to Hicks!).  It sounds amazing.  It's the only thing i have played so far
GD Winterland (saving this for Sunday morning)
Otis Redding with Booker T at Monterey Pop
Adrenalin OD- Let's BBQ (have the OG, both pressings, so I needed the 3rd press lol)
Bernard Purdie- Soul is Pretty Purdie
The Grodeck Whipperjenny- might be most excited about this one.  First release from James Brown's People label (from 71 I think) and while I have not heard it, it is supposed be an amazing slice of progressive, psychedelic funk.  Can't wait to play it.
Good Old Boys (Jerry and David Nelson)  stoked on this too.

Got Spacemen 3 and Dr. Dog for my Brother in Law.

All I really wanted that I did not get was James Brown and Bill Evans.  If I don't score them online on Monday, I will custy up on Discogs/ebay.

mistercharlie

After seeing Todd's post above ^...

I realized that there was a Dr. Dog record I didn't see on the list. I just grabbed one from Port of Sound, who has their remaining stock up on their webstore already. I just wish that I could blow the $50 on the new Wes Montgomery set.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

Any leads on the JGB set on-line?

It's stupid how hard it is to get these titles.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on April 14, 2019, 09:26:44 AM

Best bet is to check Bullmoose tomorrow morning.

Also that Plaid Records site posts titles usually on Monday too.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on April 14, 2019, 10:23:21 AM

Best bet is to check Bullmoose tomorrow morning.

Also that Plaid Records site posts titles usually on Monday too.

Plaid Room Records posted their RSD leftovers this morning at 8 est. No JGB though.

Caravan2001

If anyone sees the Dylan, please snag it for me.  You would think at 7500 copies it wouldn't be that hard, but it is.  Ugh.

mbw

There were only 2000 of those.  Very stupid.
You might get lucky on discogs.

Caravan2001

Plaid had 40 of then Dylan this morning and they went in a snap.  They're going for $85 now for $20 record.  Ugh.   Also, had no idea JGB was only 2000 copies.  That's crazy.

mattstick

There was a JGB on discogs for $139 for about 10 minutes. The flippers are winning this round...

rowjimmy

Got in line at 6, about 15 ahead of me.
I copped:
GD - Warfield, Sage & Spirit
JGB - Electric On the Eel
Good Old Boys
Dylan - Blood In the Tracks NY test press
John Lennon - Imagine raw alt takes (that's yet another lp of alt takes in Assisi toon to the one packed in the 2-LP remix edition that came out last year!)
Sly & The Family Stone - Woodstock
Woodstock OST Mono

Also, while I was at the shop, my copy of the new Chris Forsyth album arrived.
Good day.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 14, 2019, 02:27:13 PM
Got in line at 6, about 15 ahead of me.
I copped:
GD - Warfield, Sage & Spirit
JGB - Electric On the Eel
Good Old Boys
Dylan - Blood In the Tracks NY test press
John Lennon - Imagine raw alt takes (that's yet another lp of alt takes in Assisi toon to the one packed in the 2-LP remix edition that came out last year!)
Sly & The Family Stone - Woodstock
Woodstock OST Mono

Also, while I was at the shop, my copy of the new Chris Forsyth album arrived.
Good day.

Nice haul duder

mattstick