News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

Quote from: mehead on March 11, 2019, 08:38:58 PM
Free Solo. Simply incredible. Only regret is not seeing it on IMAX.

OMG yes.  I knew he made it prior to having watched it, yet I spent the entirety of the movie tensed up and short of breath.  Intensely riveting stuff.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mehead

Quote from: pcr3 on April 08, 2019, 12:33:22 PM
Quote from: mehead on March 11, 2019, 08:38:58 PM
Free Solo. Simply incredible. Only regret is not seeing it on IMAX.

OMG yes.  I knew he made it prior to having watched it, yet I spent the entirety of the movie tensed up and short of breath.  Intensely riveting stuff.

Totally. I remember him completing it being covered on the news and stuff but was still right on the edge of my seat. If you haven't yet, check out The Dawn Wall.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

shoreline99

Saw endgame opening night. Pretty awesome way to wrap up the MCU to date.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

I enjoyed that Endgame thing. Time for GOT.

anthrax

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 28, 2019, 09:40:17 PM
I enjoyed that Endgame thing. Time for GOT.

that's one heck of a sunday!

cactusfan

Fairly interesting new doc about Woodstock coming out this week in theaters (and no doubt shortly thereafter streaming).
Not at all focused on the music, but on the crowd and the scene and how it came to be etc.
Not bad.

Wrote up a short piece on it here:
www.standbyformindcontrol.com/2019/05/woodstock-three-days-that-defined-a-generation-movie-review/

susep

Multibeast12

I don't know if this belongs in here or not, but I didn't feel like making a new thread. But if anybody is a fan of the Criterion Collection they are running their 50% off sale at Barnes and Noble. I picked up recently, the Del Toro Trilogy, Police Story 1 and 2, Friends of Eddie Coyle and Blood Simple.

ytowndan

Quote from: Multibeast12 on July 17, 2019, 08:44:44 AM
I don't know if this belongs in here or not, but I didn't feel like making a new thread. But if anybody is a fan of the Criterion Collection they are running their 50% off sale at Barnes and Noble. I picked up recently, the Del Toro Trilogy, Police Story 1 and 2, Friends of Eddie Coyle and Blood Simple.

Nice picks!  I've been eyeing that Cassavetes box for a while now.  I suppose it's time to pull the trigger. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

jam>

Quote from: ytowndan on July 17, 2019, 10:27:01 AM

Nice picks!  I've been eyeing that Cassavetes box for a while now.  I suppose it's time to pull the trigger.

I don't regret having the Cassavetes box one bit. It has everything you want except Husbands.

cactusfan

I have to be careful around that place. It'd be too easy to find 100 movies to buy. They do such a nice job with their blu-rays. But every now and then I allow myself to grab one. I just have to make sure I only buy movies I'm likely to watch reasonably often.

Multibeast12

Quote from: jam> on July 17, 2019, 01:07:25 PM

I don't regret having the Cassavetes box one bit. It has everything you want except Husbands.

I have been eyeing that Cassavetes one as well. They make too many good boxsets. I have been wanting the Bergman and Zatoichi ones as well. 

Quote from: cactusfan on July 17, 2019, 02:48:09 PM

I have to be careful around that place. It'd be too easy to find 100 movies to buy. They do such a nice job with their blu-rays. But every now and then I allow myself to grab one. I just have to make sure I only buy movies I'm likely to watch reasonably often.

Yeah. I try and put a limit on money when I head into the sale. But more often I am like, well what's two more.

ytowndan

Quote from: Multibeast12 on July 17, 2019, 03:07:53 PM
Quote from: jam> on July 17, 2019, 01:07:25 PM

I have been eyeing that Cassavetes one as well. They make too many good boxsets. I have been wanting the Bergman and Zatoichi ones as well. 

Yeah, I wish Husbands was included. 

And, yes, I drool over that Bergman set, too...but even at 50% off, I'm not sure I can swing it.  Especially since a bunch of them are on the Criterion Channel right now. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Multibeast12

Finally watched Beyond the Black Rainbow. This dude is 2 for 2. Between this and Mandy this dude makes some weird stuff. I enjoy that this type of horror and film making is coming back into style.