News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What would you say?

Started by rowjimmy, November 20, 2008, 08:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

SNL did a pretty funny thing about Pelosi a few years back, one of her assistants was dressed in bondage gear... I might have joked with her about that, now that I think about it.

tet

i'd have punched her in the crotch, and when she didn't react, say "i knew you had no balls!"

of course, i don't either, and would likely have just mumbled something stupid...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Hicks

I woulda said, so now that Obama won maybe you and Harry Reid can grow some spines!   :samurai:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

redrum

good thing i read the whole thread cuz i was going to say:

Quote from: antelope19 on November 20, 2008, 09:22:29 AM
I honestly thought this was going to be a dave mathews band thread.

but i wasn't even sure if those were actually the words.  :|
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

tet

hahaha, yeah well i did think the same thing too originally, and DMB has been known to be quite political at times, so figured it made sense to see a thread with that title in this forum... 

still, not completely disappointed...
-Phish

sls.stormyrider

she is a deadhead of sorts. Micky Hart (and maybe Mike) played at her "I'm the new speaker" party.
thanking her for her good work, like you did, then asking for tix (or even backstage passes) seems like a good strategy.

of course, if it were me, I would've frozen and smiled.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

tet

i still think a falcon punch would have been the best course of action...
-Phish

jephrey

I probably  wouldn't have said a word.  When I'm on, I'm on, but without a good lead-in I'm not that fast on my feet so I'm usually pretty quiet and shitty at meeting people.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Guyute

Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: tet on November 20, 2008, 06:42:50 PM
i still think a falcon punch would have been the best course of action...

falcoooooooooon PUNCH!!!!

rowjimmy

susep

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 20, 2008, 08:21:53 AM
So, I just saw Speaker Pelosi at Starbucks this morning. I knew she was in there as I walked up because her Secret Service detail was hovering around the entrance.

Walked in and there she was alone in the shop so I lined up behind her. when she turned to leave with her beverage, I smiled and simply told her to keep up the good work. She smiled, said thanks and left.

What would you have said in that ten second window?

I would have asked, "Have you considered a spread in Playboy?"

edit - I too thought of DMB when I first glanced at this thread. :|

antelope19

Quote from: susep73 on November 21, 2008, 10:16:08 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 20, 2008, 08:21:53 AM
So, I just saw Speaker Pelosi at Starbucks this morning. I knew she was in there as I walked up because her Secret Service detail was hovering around the entrance.

Walked in and there she was alone in the shop so I lined up behind her. when she turned to leave with her beverage, I smiled and simply told her to keep up the good work. She smiled, said thanks and left.

What would you have said in that ten second window?

I would have asked, "Have you considered a spread in Playboy?"

edit - I too thought of DMB when I first glanced at this thread. :|

Pukes in mouth all over his computer at the thought of this.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment