News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Fox News: At it again

Started by VDB, April 19, 2012, 11:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Hema/ent, in the second excerpt you posted, is quoting Aslan, from your first excerpt.
Is this still Wombat?

twatts

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on July 31, 2013, 11:12:23 AM
Hema/ent, in the second excerpt you posted, is quoting Aslan, from your first excerpt.

I went back and re-read and read further, the blahg is really poorly written...  But Helmat is quoting himself, not Aslan, in the second excerpt...

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2010/07/17/reza-aslan-and-the-terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-article/

At least that's how I interpret the writing...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

rowjimmy

He quotes himself because he is calling back to where he previously took on the guy.

VDB

Foxnews.com is presently devoting one of its top four slots to speculation about a progamming change on its own network. The story itself, which is hilarious by the way, cites the Drudge Report in tantalizing its readers with non-news of its own complete fabrication. Then it quotes one of its own spokesman, who refuses to divulge any details. "Breaking news! We, Fox, might have something to tell you! But we refuse to tell you! When will we learn whatever it is that we already know but won't tell you so that we can tell you? Stay tuned and find out, maybe! We don't know! Hey, look at this hot blonde anchor of ours!"
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Fox News takes the opportunity to fact-check the Piers Morgan show.

Curious, considering news outlets (and especially their opinion-driven content) across the country must make scores of mistakes every day. Why isolate this one, FN?

Probably to make a point about CNN (suspected member of the liberal media) playing loose with facts in order to push an argument, in this case, about guns.

Do you think Fox News bothers to fact-check its own opinion-show personalities? If so, do you think they'd ever publish a front-page story about Sean Hannity making up some bullshit on the air?

Hmm.
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

VDB

L O FUCKING L

Fox News has rebranded the "shutdown" as the "slimdown" -- and they are not going to take any chances that you don't get the message:

Hmmm... is this Dick Morris at work?

Let's see:

• "Slimming down" the big, bad, bloated government actually sounds like a good thing!
  • Now, rather than getting blamed for "shutting down" the government, Republicans might get some credit for merely "slimming" it down!
  • The military is still operating, so that's all that matters.
  • NASA grounded? Good; waste of money anyway.
  • Blame the media if reaction is getting a little alarmist.
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Meanwhile, here's FN.com's current front-page story in which they talk about a group of World War II vets who busted past some barricades to visit the otherwise-closed WWII Memorial in D.C.

The memorial that was closed because of the shutdown.

The shutdown that the GOP caused.

The GOP that includes a congressman who was on hand to help celebrate when these distinguished vets triumphed over one symptom of the shutdown that his party caused.

The party that FN goes out of its way to cheerlead, apologize and rationalize for, at every turn possible.

Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mbw

Hicks

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 01, 2013, 05:55:00 PM
Quote from: mbw on October 01, 2013, 05:51:17 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 01, 2013, 05:33:30 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 01, 2013, 02:26:25 PM

Faulty premise is faulty

no, not really.

Really

lol, so explain how the GOP didn't force this stalemate over a law that already went through the proper channels and was even deemed constitutional by the Supreme Court.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on October 01, 2013, 06:01:43 PM

Faulty premise is faulty

no, not really.

Really

lol, so explain how the GOP didn't force this stalemate over a law that already went through the proper channels and was even deemed constitutional by the Supreme Court.

By that logic, the debt ceiling cannot be raised. You know, because it's the law of the land and all.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Hicks

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 01, 2013, 06:26:09 PM

Faulty premise is faulty

no, not really.

Really

By that logic, the debt ceiling cannot be raised. You know, because it's the law of the land and all.

Huh?  Are you off your meds?

Of course laws can be change or amended, but using a government shutdown as the method to do so is reckless and probably won't produce the desired outcome anyway. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gah

Quote from: Hicks on October 01, 2013, 06:50:47 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 01, 2013, 06:26:09 PM

Faulty premise is faulty

no, not really.

Really

Huh?  Are you off your meds?

Of course laws can be change or amended, but using a government shutdown as the method to do so is reckless and probably won't produce the desired outcome anyway.

I <3 jimbo.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.